• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What do you do? Do you train abs and ignore obliques? Do you train them all the same? High volume, low volume, time under tension, exercises?

abs are crucial in strength training imo but some people get away with not training them because they get enough by doing the big 3

I used to think that, this training cycle am adding some abs in to observe the results on strength in big 3.

Needs to be both static exercises and movement ones imo, so to that end im doing planks and russian twists. I dont really like the hanging variations.

Pretty much what wingman said. Avoid conventional crunches and mix it up with other ab exercises. Planks and Russian twists are great. As well as mountain climbers, decline crunches and hanging leg raises. I hit abs like other small stubborn muscle groups like calves; a bit lower in weight but high rep.

Ab Roll outs and the clam hold is working for me. About 15 ab rolls and 15 sec holds of the clam is enough to make me feel rooted.

I used to think front squats worked out my abs plenty but I never saw a six pack.