• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Anything he does is impressive. The wide grip shoulder lift he does off the ground is impressive I don't m of what it's called, he is in a squat position bar on the ground literally lifts it up and over his head while still crouched.

Sounds like a snatch?

for sheer power, rather than strength being measured in sports suited to certain levers, I would rank strongman the highest, along with heavier weight lifters and shot putters who must be both exceptionally strong and powerful.

Some of the strongman and shot putters though, near or over 2m tall, may be less suited in weightlifting/powertlifting, but would have few peers with regard to expressing absolute power.

In terms of sport, the ability to apply power (assuming high levels of skill) is what it is all about. That is why the NFL, and most other major sports, emphasise power tests rather than strength feats, albeit that smart weight training is critical to their development.

Of course, some of the heavier Olympic lifters would have incredible leg power.

Having said, I do enjoy the shorties lifting weights above their heads. Thankfully, there are many strength sports for people of all sizes.

i like where this is going.

most powerful athletes have minimal endurance, I think power and endurance is a rare combination, that is exclusive to footy.
when one appears to have those two attributes combined with coordination, wow!