• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you train your traps (upper, middle, lower fibers), and with what volume and frequency?
What do you do when you realize your traps are lagging behind?

I no longer train mine directly. I struggle to switch mine off doing most moves

they get plenty of stimulation from delt side dumbbell raises, and rack pulls.

Same. Mine take over in a lot of shoulder exercises so I need to focus on not activating them. I find that upright rows and heavy barbell shrugs really target them. Slow negatives target the lower traps.

Well I am going to have to work on mine direct because I always seem to keep straining them. I am adding shrugs into my routine and add a set of underhand grip rows to my rowing exercises.

Well I am going to have to work on mine direct because I always seem to keep straining them. I am adding shrugs into my routine and add a set of underhand grip rows to my rowing exercises.

Straining them as in tight, and then feeding up into neck?

if so, could be a compensation for a imbalance elsewhere.

i had the same thing, but it was front over developed and too tight front delts and pecs, and under developed rear delts and scapula region

Straining them as in tight, and then feeding up into neck?

if so, could be a compensation for a imbalance elsewhere.

i had the same thing, but it was front over developed and too tight front delts and pecs, and under developed rear delts and scapula region

Well its never just one issue isn't it? It's an overlap of several factors that I could identify:-
Posture - my neck is a little too far forward, putting the upper traps in an overstretched and ultimately weakened position.
Non Neutral head positioning in lifts - particularly with pressing movements this puts pressure on the cervical spine.
Tight Pecs - Good point, they are tight and I don't do the doorway stretch often enough.

So yeah, I haven't worked the traps directly so I wanna make them strong so they become more resistant to injury for the forseeable future!

A good mattress and pillow can have a big impact. I used to always wake up with a sore neck/traps. Upgraded the bed and haven't had any issues since.

Oh shit I haven't had a new mattress for years. I am gonna go for one of them chiro approved multizone hard as a rock ones, in the EOFY sales. Because I hate sleeping in a foetal position.

Oh shit I haven't had a new mattress for years. I am gonna go for one of them chiro approved multizone hard as a rock ones, in the EOFY sales. Because I hate sleeping in a foetal position.

Bought a multi zone full latex mattress about 4 months ago, cost 3k, fucking hate it.

Get one of those ones that fold you up like a pretzel. Tried one in a shop once, felt amazing... But I sleep on my chest so it wouldn't work too well

I don't know what you guys have in your states, but in Adelaide we have the royal show and similar expos. We showed up on the last day as they were packing up and offered $900 cash on a $2k mattress. It looked more appealing to them than taking it back to the warehouse. I'll look up the brand and model, but it's a spring less mattress with individual cells instead. One person can jump around on one side of the bed and the other side wouldn't wake a baby.

We had been shopping around for a while with a budget of 3k. So when we found a good deal we jumped on it. Only got a queen though.

Nah done King Size its not worth the effort having to buy special fat sized linen and sheets and head boards for that. Its not that much of a difference anyway lol unless you are built like magda szubanski

That's my dream ;)
I've already got king sheets and doona. The missus doesn't get any if we use the queen size stuff, I steal it all lol

Do they fit thru doorways easy enough? That's the only thing I haven't measured up yet

The mattress is a TOIGHT fit through the door archway. The ensemble bit should come in a pair otherwise you'll be playing tetris with those too haha!