• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What's your favorite food to make with protein powder? Have a killer pancake or mug cake recipe? Or do you use it in savory food as well?

Hmm not sure I should engage in this thread LOL

But hey, I have a savoury tip that not a lot people know about but is really good.
It works with pea protein isolate though as this has a nice savoury flavour as well (which is why it's not so great in shakes).
I like to stir a little into some pumpkin soup (or sweet potato etc). It thickens it up a bit but it really does taste amazing. A little bit of umami.
It's also good smashed into some mashed pumpkin or sweet potato with some olive oil, butter (or coconut oil if that's your thing).

Protein balls.. quick, easy, tasty.

Awes tip @chocchillimango; now if I don't have any pea isolate can I use some unflavoured wpc or cassein for a similar result? (obviously no umami but nothing a sprinkle of msg can't fix lmao)

Tub of small curd cottage cheese and 2-3 scoops. Add milk to thin if necessary. Bang it all in a food processor.
Refrigerate.

Tastes like whatever flavor cheesecake.

This is my method. Rather than try and boost the protein content of nice tasting foods with protein powder and making them taste like shit in the process. Eat the food you normally would have then chug and protein shake in water after.

This is my method. Rather than try and boost the protein content of nice tasting foods with protein powder and making them taste like shit in the process. Eat the food you normally would have then chug and protein shake in water after.

you're not a bodybuilder

Just ran out of Birthday Cake flavour. I would describe is more as vanilla cake with sprinkles.

except protein shake with water tastes like shiiite.

Who said I was? They can get fucked.

A true bodybuilder adds protein powder to everything he plans to stick in his pie hole for the quest of adding that 1% of bulk and recovery, you do not understand.

it's a super food.
designed by scientists and used by champions

A true bodybuilder adds protein powder to everything he plans to stick in his pie hole for the quest of adding that 1% of bulk and recovery, you do not understand.

it's a super food.
designed by scientists and used by champions

I doubt it adds even 1%.