• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
No of course not mate. I was speaking in the context of being brain damaged by a blow to the head (on purpose in a sport such as UFC), and was not even thinking about handicapped people. I agree with you, every human being is precious.

Apologies Fadi. You are right. Protect the Brain as it is your greatest asset.

I loved Boxing. But did stop it due to the potential for Brain damage. I think a lot of the 'brutal arts' are done more so for the enjoyment. But being able to "fight the good fight" is something all "good people" need to be able to do. Hence, Police and Security people do Martial Arts.

Apologies Fadi. You are right. Protect the Brain as it is your greatest asset.

I loved Boxing. But did stop it due to the potential for Brain damage. I think a lot of the 'brutal arts' are done more so for the enjoyment. But being able to "fight the good fight" is something all "good people" need to be able to do. Hence, Police and Security people do Martial Arts.
No worries brother all's good. You've done well to give up boxing. You know one of the biggest irony in the Muslim world and according to Islam, is the fact that boxing is not one of the permissible sports one is permitted to do, yet it seems that someone must've forgotten to inform or relay this fact to the late (may he rest in peace now), Muhammad Ali Clay!

https://islamqa.info/en/10238

That's very interesting Fadi. Anthony Mundine converted to Islam (and is a Boxer).

From your link: "These sports – including boxing – have become an excuse for tribalism and nationalism. Sport, as it exists nowadays, has divided people and made people love or hate one another on the basis of the victory or defeat of a team."

Sport does divide people, nations even.

That's very interesting Fadi. Anthony Mundine converted to Islam (and is a Boxer).

From your link: "These sports – including boxing – have become an excuse for tribalism and nationalism. Sport, as it exists nowadays, has divided people and made people love or hate one another on the basis of the victory or defeat of a team."

Sport does divide people, nations even.

Also from the link, the gifted Muslim fighter who asked the question, began his question by what seemed to me like a qualification of sort, that he would not (at least his intention would not be) to fight Muslim boxers, but only non-Muslim boxers. To me as a Muslim, that's an abhorrent thing to say, and goes directly against the teachings of Islam and its prophet. Hopefully (with that wrong attitude) he won't be fighting any one anytime soon; Muslims or non-Muslims alike.

Don't know much about the man except that he was a rugby player once (a sport I don't follow), and that he switched to boxing (another sport I don't follow)..., and that he doesn't think his words through before uttering them. Apart from these three things, I know nothing about this man's personal life.

I take it that since this thread's main theme is related to inspiration, Mr. Anthony Mundine would not fit the bill according to both Adrian and Darko. You men know more than me about Mundine, so I'll keep quite on the subject. Thanks for your input though.

When Mundine left High School, he got an offer from the Sydney Kings to play Basketball. He got offers from South Sydney and St George to play Rugby League. He also could have turned professional as a Boxer.

Love him or hate him, but Anthony Mundine was one of Australia's most gifted Athletes.

When Mundine left High School, he got an offer from the Sydney Kings to play Basketball. He got offers from South Sydney and St George to play Rugby League. He also could have turned professional as a Boxer.

Love him or hate him, but Anthony Mundine was one of Australia's most gifted Athletes.

He could have been the perfect role model for many impressionable young people, had he been humble and in control of his verbal communications. A missed opportunity perhaps, I really don't know what effect he had on the young generation whilst being the way you've presented him in the two videos above Sir. I hope the effect or infleunce was positive in its nature.

Last edited:
Struggling for a bit of grunt tonight. Heading off to train Legs shortly. Gus Gould always inspires!!!

"The man who can push himself to go further when the battle to compete has become painful, that's the Man that wins!"

<em>