• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
don't expect there to be any pro footballers on here , but anyone that plays for a local club

what does your training consist of ?

at my gym there is a few trainers that train at a few of the local clubs , they say they most do agility type training , what does yours consist of?

I used to play till I did my right ACL twice.....

We just did a lot of running and ball handling skills drills, usually combined full ground ball drills to increasing the running effort and make it a little more enjoyable and realistic then just running laps or doing sprints.

Not so much weighs or agility training at all, we didn't really have the resources, we did have some weighs there and guy used to come in and help anyone who wanted to do some weights but this was mainly upper body stuff, as well and some boxing drills.

One year we got and aerobics instructor in to take some sessions, think this was mainly for moral and to get numbers up, hahaha

I have played a fair bit in my younger days and more recently as well.

I found the training changed a lot depending on the time of year.
Off season... hit the weights and keep some sort of run in your legs.
Preseason was always the real gut buster stuff. 1km and 3km time trials and sprints mixed with agility (Basically intervals between sprints and jogs). Of course balls skills mixed in on different days as well.
Closer to the season was similar to the above but with ball skills after, fatigued ball skills was a real killer.
In season training was ball skills and in game structure.... oh and recovery from games!
I always tried doing weights in season as well but found I could never get decent progress during that time, best to try and just maintain I guess.
This website has some interesting info: http://www.fitfooty.com/

We took out the premiership last year as well :) was a great experience! Decided it was a good time to hang the boots up as well.
Now just focusing on the gym and weight training!