• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
We are all 99.99% the same otherwise no longer can be classed as homo sapiens. So genetics being a key factor for massive difference in performance is a moot matter yo..
Discus.

We are all 99.99% the same otherwise no longer can be classed as homo sapiens. So genetics being a key factor for massive difference in performance is a moot matter yo..
Discus.

wot?

Genetic makeup is key, genetics include: Physiologically, physically and mentally.

Discus.

Interesting study, focusing on twins with very similar genetics to get a baseline reference and the ability to disregard genetics as being the causal factor for variations in body composition.

Among healthy adult male twins in their mid-30s, a greater level of physical activity is associated with improved glucose homeostasis and modulation of striatum and prefrontal cortex gray matter volume, independent of genetic background. The findings may contribute to later reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and mobility limitations.

Incredible :p

Who funded this study? Clearly have spare cash they need to waste. I wouldn't mind a new motorbike.

wot?

Genetic makeup is key, genetics include: Physiologically, physically and mentally.
Shhh.. don't say that too loud, or people will start blaming their 'big bones' for being fat lards, or they are 'extreme ectomorphs' for being permanently stuck in the realm of skinny fark, and that power lifters have an extra chromosome which imparts superhuman strength. :rolleyes:

dont forget the biggest myth

take all the drugs and train like mr oly and you wont ever be mr oly because its GENETICS hahaha

Dr. Michael Roizen speaks about the control we're able to have over our genes, by manipulating their on or off switches. For the impatient, I suggest you fast forward to the 4 minutes mark. A line of copy and paste here from the doctor: I thought I was born with my genes (some from Mom, some from Dad), and they made me who I am. Now I hear that how you live day to day turns genes on and off. Does that change who I am, basically? http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2012/11/how_to_help_your_genes_keep_yo.html

Thanks @Fadi; that is such a good video! Wellbeing is indeed one of the greatest honours, joys and fun part of our life.

Need moar vids like this m8!

I used to pummel myself to submission with training (negative reinforcement) now I feel so much better thinking positively and most of all, having FUN (positive reinforcement and reward).

I used to pummel myself to submission with training (negative reinforcement) now I feel so much better thinking positively and most of all, having FUN (positive reinforcement and reward).

But you do know that you're a kunt, right?

Don't forget that Arnold lookalike who is shit. C_T would be heaps better if he got on the gear...Oh wait he already did and isn't a fitness model.

really? and how much gear have i taken? fitness models take more in 1 year than i have taken in 6 years... its all equivalent, you get what you put in.

i have a job and training isn't everything i do. not making excuses, but when people make silly comments like this i do feel i should atleast put perspective into it. Plus working 12hr nights for the last 10+yrs, AND i don't have a rich mommy and daddy, ive been paying my own way since 16.

some people get all the breaks, some have to work for it and just make do.

have never even taken lifting seriously, looking better is just a side effect. IF i was on arnolds juice, and had no job and just train/eat/sleep. absolutely no doubt i'd be a force in a few years. no doubt.

it takes me 3 weeks of training natty to start blowing up, legit transforming, imagine proper dedication... doubt all you want. i know my body. and i was a skinny mofo all my life even well into an adult, genetics is bs!

Don't forget that Arnold lookalike who is shit. C_T would be heaps better if he got on the gear...Oh wait he already did and isn't a fitness model.

btw hows your skinny fat and t-rex arms going??? cause all i sense is jelly bro.

just because loosers on the net, who don't eat properly, take way too much gear, and don't get results, never EVER put me in that category, of course they look like they hardly lift...

that is not me, i look like i lift and i don't hardly even train, AND rarely even juice and if i do its 3 weeks worth... once a year, maybe twice, but 4 years of nothing between. you have no idea, you just assuming because i look good, and you don't, and i MUST be taking heaps and blah blah.

enough excuses.

man up. you can become whatever you want, you don't need a heap of drugs to achieve that. mostly it comes from food and sleep. i sacrifice alot of my life, because im asleep. THATS my secret. def not pre-workouts, protein shakes, or even testosterone.

edit: glad ive seen your true colours now tho, pos.
edit2: you have no idea what i look like!

Last edited: