• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
how can you judge work and time?

in respect to results?

its can't be measured, so you are wrong.

its quite clear, spd + str = power. look up any text book

Last edited:
you can be slow but strong and equals a certain power
or you can be fast and weak and reach similar power

its the whole idea behind bruce lee, he was a pioneer in legit physics in practical uses

worry about yourself, since you volunteered to be in tha ausbb comp, you getter start gettin in shape :O

Two things I'm not liking here.

1. The coach is focusing on insuring lifters do not stop, then "grind" the weight up.

2. He asks his interviewer if he has heard of the saying practice makes perfect, then he tells him that it should be perfect practice makes perfect. I've got another view point on that.

For the competitive lifter, depending on his level of experience in the sport, he would utilise different strategies to make progress, without resorting to setting so many 1RM PBs / grinding reps. In other words, if someone was like I was 15 and starting out, I would’ve had to go through about 7 to 9 PB sessions in a year due to the amount of competitions I was involved in. However as one reaches the elite level, the number of competitions in a period of a year decreases accordingly. In that case, one may set a limit close to his personal best lifts, lifting say, at a 95% to 97% of his best every now and then. The only difference here would be the amount of sets and reps used, not only to insure that the lifter is physically on track, but to also psychologically be in touch with how the weight feels to him, knowing that he is using a higher volume of reps that are so very close to his 1RM. This insures the lifter does not risk injury, in addition to keeping on top of his ability to recover. So Vonfram88 is on the right track when suggesting a different approach to be used between younger/less experienced lifters, compared with their older and more experienced lifters.

The perfect practice makes perfect saying maybe good for some in my opinion, but not for all. Its principle is based on what I had already written in the above paragraph. So when a lifter is young and is still going through his complementary exercises sure, utilise the adage that perfect practice makes perfect. However I am of the opinion that as when one progresses in the sport of lifting, one needs only utilise my new adage of: perfect lifting makes perfect. In other words, if you're a seasoned Olympic weightlifter, you would drop all the complementary exercises that you used to use, and you focus mainly on the two actual competition lifts, i.e. the clean & jerk, and the snatch, and for brute strength, you add the front squat to the mix, and only use back squats if you're injured. That's it. Here, perfect lifting = you either lift that bar overhead or you fail. The line of power has to be spot on all the time every time. No need for a coach to keep an eagle eye on you to insure your line of power is perfect etc. anymore.

Some feel the need to include over 30 assistance exercises, in the way they break up these two OW lifts. I say yes and great in the beginning, where you may pick up on some weakness or bad habits etc. , but not later on when all the "formalities" have been well taken care of. I believe for an elite lifter, this is time optimally spent, with zero frills, frills that may derail the lifter's lifts, as well as eat into his ability to recover due to a higher workload (that in my opinion is misguided and mistargeted).

awesme!

itsquite clear, spd + str = power. look up any text book

Everyyr 8 physics student in the country just pissed their pants withlaughter.

Power is equal to force multiplied by distance divided by time.

Power= Force x Distance/Time

If that's too difficult let us simplify it even more.

Since the terms force and strength are often used interchangeably, and distance divided by time is the same thing as speed, power can more simply be defined as strength multiplied by speed. Therefore,

Strength x Speed = POWER

Now was C_T far off the mark or did he grasp the general idea? I say he knew what he meant, but perhaps didn’t know how to express it properly. Big deal!

If you feel the man was wrong, then by all means point it out. All Ausbb is asking of you is that you do it in a Team spirited manner. Perhaps it’s about time you re read this post
One team: Ausbb because frankly, I’m getting sick and tired of this childish behaviour on this forum. Tony Abbot talks about Team Australia, the whole world talks about uniting to defeat the nutcases in the middle east, and here we are, can’t even unite on treating each other with respect. I’m no angel, far from it, and if Ihave wronged anyone here, I renew my apology by saying sorry. But for God’s sake refrain from using such negative tactics against your team mates here. One can only take so much of this ok!

Last edited:

Power is equal to force multiplied by distance divided by time.

Power= Force x Distance/Time

If that's too difficult let us simplify it even more.

Since the terms force and strength are often used interchangeably, and distance divided by time is the same thing as speed, power can more simply be defined as strength multiplied by speed. Therefore,

Strength x Speed = POWER

Now was C_T far off the mark or did he grasp the general idea? I say he knew what he meant, but perhaps didn’t know how to express it properly. Big deal!

If you feel the man was wrong, then by all means point it out. All Ausbb is asking of you is that you do it in a Team spirited manner. Perhaps it’s about time you re read this post
One team: Ausbb because frankly, I’m getting sick and tired of this childish behaviour on this forum. Tony Abbot talks about Team Australia, the whole world talks about uniting to defeat the nutcases in the middle east, and here we are, can’t even unite on treating each other with respect. I’m no angel, far from it, and if Ihave wronged anyone here, I renew my apology by saying sorry. But for God’s sake refrain from using such negative tactics against your team mates here. One can only take so much of this ok!

Nope. He got it totally wrong as did you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. He got it totally wrong as did you.

Walls of bullshit text won't help you here.
You're privileged to say anything you like sitting behind your computer screen. Carry
on...

Talk is cheap, prove where I got it wrong. If you're referring to some misunderstanding of where the thread was heading, you've got a point, otherwise, I'm calling you out to prove me wrong on anything I wrote.

Last edited:
Gee Bazza pipe down a bit. FFS.
You don't have to be such an ingorant prick just because you disagree. I too tire of it.