• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What are your favorite places to get food when dining out? What are your go-to meals when eating out with friends? Have any tips/tricks to share with everyone?

Make dining out day a cheat day.

Or risk looking like a total loser typing every single morsel into myfitness pal.. :rolleyes:

When I went through my crazy get shredded n massive phase after my long term relationship breakup about 5 years ago - I was always hanging out with mates, nearly everynight and we would eat out at least 3-4 nights a week - I would always pick steak n veggies, with whatever sauce - didn't matter where we went even if steak and veggies wasn't on the menu (not many places didn't have steak n veggies) I would order it....boring yes but if your in that sort of phase then you need to stick to your diet....

It worked out well through because we used to go to this place about 5 mins from my mates place that served 800g steaks for like $25 - so was eating 800g of rump steak nearly every night with mushroom sauce...

I agree with above - if you wanting to enjoy your "night out" then make it a "cheat" night - and eat whatever....

I usually eat whatever when we are out, but ask for any sauce to be on the side. We dont eat out often, so make it a treat night!

I don't eat very often considering we have 2 young kids, so when I eat out I don't worry and eat whatever I feel like, but usually I will try to factor this into the day and go light on lunch or snacks or whatever.

If I'm going out, which is rare these days, I don't fuss about macros etc.
I order whatever I like, but I usually make good choices. I tend to go a bit lightly for the rest of the day.
Or i just treat it as a refeed day :)

I will often just use the day as a break from tracking macros and thinking about diet etc.
If it's an occasion, I want to just relax and be in the moment.
But I don't have any issues with overeating etc, so it's never a problem for me.
LOL would probably do me some good to over eat once in a while

^^^ that works well for those with smaller appetites :)

Firstly, it depends on what type of restaurant. If it is a chain restaurant then I'll normally just peruse the menu, find something I like, fit it in to my daily cals. This may mean going a bit lighter on cals during the day.

If it's a "fancy" restaurant that I rarely go to, I'll normally just get something that I wouldn't usually cook (or be able to cook) myself. One higher calorie meal won't make you fat, just like one lower calorie meal won't make you shredded.

During comp prep, I only went to fast food places as can get nutritional info easily. Fancy chef's give no fark for macros/cals just flavour.

^^^ that works well for those with smaller appetites :)

Firstly, it depends on what type of restaurant. If it is a chain restaurant then I'll normally just peruse the menu, find something I like, fit it in to my daily cals. This may mean going a bit lighter on cals during the day.

If it's a "fancy" restaurant that I rarely go to, I'll normally just get something that I wouldn't usually cook (or be able to cook) myself. One higher calorie meal won't make you fat, just like one lower calorie meal won't make you shredded.

During comp prep, I only went to fast food places as can get nutritional info easily. Fancy chef's give no fark for macros/cals just flavour.

If eating out at a fine dining establishment, and one is concerned about macros, one should probably stay home LOL
100% one meal now and then isn't going to break the energy balance bank :)

If on a restricted diet, I'll get sushi or order grilled seafood. Grilled seafood is actually pretty tasty but nearly everyone gets it fried.

If just on maintenance calories I'll get whatever as long as it's not something stupidly bad (double meat and cheese burger and waffles). If I need to, I'll dial the calories out of the next meal or just skip a meal.

Recently when going out with friends to eat, we've been opting to go out for breakfast instead of dinner. Breakfast menus have much more variety. I can order a massive serving of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and it's pretty close to the macros of my usual breakfast.

If you don't go out often just have a blow out. 1 meal in a month or so isn't going to make a difference unless on an extreme cut.

If going out often just fit it into your calories. Don't have to avoid all the good foods like a fucking freak.