• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
it will have testing and non-testing options, as far as I have heard from Laurie Butler, formerly with CAPO for over 20 years.

BTW, I am just reporting events. I am not a promoter.

I am a current GPC Australia member, and will be competing in GPC in August and December.

Karen Coleiro on the Committee. I'm assuming the President is her husband? Interesting given that write up re. CAPO finances from Steve Harris.

why?

PA for tested
GPC for untested

I really don't see the need for any more (besides someone wanting to make some money)

Complete waste of time and money. Fragmentation between feds is why Powerlifting remains such a niche sport in this country.

At the end of the day, there are 2 Feds.

GPC and PA.

Both are needed, both are flourishing.

UPPA, CAPO, APL, OPO, ADFPA all combined wouldn't have the memberships of GPC or PA, nor the sense of direction, nor the support.

I think powerlifting is always going to fragment into pieces. Drugs, who has power, equipment and judging are going to ensure ongoing differences.

It will be interesting to see who is left standing in a few years time.

I think it will be pretty much as today with maybe one fed folding.

But anyone can start a fed Chris.

My point is that GPC and PA run big, professional, smooth meets, with many, many competitors.

Is a fed, really a fed, if you get a handful of lifters to compete?

But anyone can start a fed Chris.

My point is that GPC and PA run big, professional, smooth meets, with many, many competitors.

Is a fed, really a fed, if you get a handful of lifters to compete?
i suppose everyone has to start somewhere , GPC/PA didn't start with the experience they do now , they has to start at the bottom , one thing that new feds do have is being able to learn what works and what doesn't ,

...... Capo had been around for 24 odd years, and the new splinter Feds are all capo people.

true, but the success of a fed will always depend on the efforts of officials and members. This level of quality can always fluctuate over time.

Take boxing. Used to be one fed. Now there are many credible feds.

Whether Australia has enough room for many feds in a minor sport to all remain viable, however, is an interesting question.