• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
"Far more respectful to meat. "Just because someone said a prayer, doesn't show them the knife and has a heap of bullshit rules doesn't make it more respectful.

So animals are not stunned before having their throat cut. Yeah that's heaps better.

"Young animals not taken from their mother early to minimize stress". Well that actually makes the stress worse but anyway.

Although you like to argue just for the sake of it sometimes, and it becomes time consuming and onerous replying to flame posts I will oblige you. If you read what I posted. I said regardless of whether you think the method of slaughter is humane there are elements of the process that acknowledge the sacrifice of the animal and show more respect to the meat than many Western abattoirs.

Yes the 'blessing' is part of that. The respectful treatment of the animal up until the time of slaughter, and the behaviours that culminate in the animal having the least notion possible that it is about to be slaughtered. This is in contrast to the processes used at some abattoirs, where the 'stunning' of the animal is tantamount to torture prior to slaughter, animal distress levels are high, and the stock may as well be an inanimate object. At least there is a recognition that a life must be taken to feed us in the Halal procedure. I think that is something most people overlook and think that meat comes from Styrofoam packages in the fridge.

I would prefer not to pay extra for a heap of bullshit rules and religious rituals.

There is no evidence that Halal certification adds a tangible cost to the end consumer. Certification is a flat fee and a fixed cost across your production quantity. I doubt that Muslims expect the process to be of any relevance to non-Muslims, even you Baz. No one is forcing you to buy Halal certified meat.

I am not anti meat. Look at my avatar. I am sure that Halal abattoirs mistreat animals as do many abattoirs. No system is perfect and you will never eliminate that completely. My point is that there are elements of the Halal process that are worth taking note of, and IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that preferable to cutting the animals throat. However this is not just a method born of laziness or desire to be offend, quite the opposite, it is an old religious tradition with reasoning behind it. Maybe it will change over time, who knows; but I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock.

I believe that slaughtering livestock should be done in the most humane way possible, with the minimum distress and pain to the animal as possible, not only in the most cost effective way. People are too removed from where their food comes from. Most people would not know how to slaughter or butcher any animal and prefer not to think about it. Maybe if people were a little more aware of where their food came from they would be less inclined to waste food and support ethical Supply Chains.

Next time you throw or waste out a piece of meat think about whether that is a worthwhile use of that animal's life.

I'm having Rib Eye for dinner. How about you?

Last edited:
Reactions: C_T
I used to spend a bit of time for work at various high volume poultry processing plants of probably the largest poultry processor in Australia. The process is an eye opener.

Last edited:
Is kangaroo Halal?

I was under the impression that slitting an animal's throat was a guaranteed way to make the meat tough, due to the time taken for the animal to die. I dislike unnecessary suffering.

Is kangaroo Halal?

I was under the impression that slitting an animal's throat was a guaranteed way to make the meat tough, due to the time taken for the animal to die. I dislike unnecessary suffering.

I have to read your posts

Although you like to argue just for the sake of it sometimes, and it becomes time consuming and onerous replying to flame posts I will oblige you. If you read what I posted. I said regardless of whether you think the method of slaughter is humane there are elements of the process that acknowledge the sacrifice of the animal and show more respect to the meat than many Western abattoirs.

Yes the 'blessing' is part of that. The respectful treatment of the animal up until the time of slaughter, and the behaviours that culminate in the animal having the least notion possible that it is about to be slaughtered. This is in contrast to the processes used at some abattoirs, where the 'stunning' of the animal is tantamount to torture prior to slaughter, animal distress levels are high, and the stock may as well be an inanimate object. At least there is a recognition that a life must be taken to feed us in the Halal procedure. I think that is something most people overlook and think that meat comes from Styrofoam packages in the fridge.

There is no evidence that Halal certification adds a tangible cost to the end consumer. Certification is a flat fee and a fixed cost across your production quantity. I doubt that Muslims expect the process to be of any relevance to non-Muslims, even you Baz. No one is forcing you to buy Halal certified meat.

I am not anti meat. Look at my avatar. I am sure that Halal abattoirs mistreat animals as do many abattoirs. No system is perfect and you will never eliminate that completely. My point is that there are elements of the Halal process that are worth taking note of, and IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that preferable to cutting the animals throat. However this is not just a method born of laziness or desire to be offend, quite the opposite, it is an old religious tradition with reasoning behind it. Maybe it will change over time, who knows; but I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock.

I believe that slaughtering livestock should be done in the most humane way possible, with the minimum distress and pain to the animal as possible, not only in the most cost effective way. People are too removed from where their food comes from. Most people would not know how to slaughter or butcher any animal and prefer not to think about it. Maybe if people were a little more aware of where their food came from they would be less inclined to waste food and support ethical Supply Chains.

Next time you throw or waste out a piece of meat think about whether that is a worthwhile use of that animal's life.

I'm having Rib Eye for dinner. How about you?

You are so full of shit. The stunning is torture but letting an animal bleed out for a long time before it dies is ok. Right. Bloody armchair experts. You don't have a clue.

You seem to have this attitude that anything done religiously especially islam is better but no actually common sense to your arguments.

Next time I throw out meat, think about the animals life. Right. How many animals you raised or butchered. I'm pretty sure you are a lot further away from the process than I am and your post show it.

I'm having hamburgers.

Is kangaroo Halal?

Exactly. Slitting the throat is not a quick death despite some religion saying its respectful and with how they treat people it's no surprise. .

Is kangaroo Halal?

I think so. The general rule of thumb is any animal that eats other animals is not halal. Again, I think this originates from health reasons and to prevent diseases that cross species.

I remember reading a study that slaughtering via the neck causes the animal to lose consciousness nearly immediately. So the animal may not die as fast as say a gunshot to the head, but there is no suffering.

I'm also pretty sure that shocking an animal before slaughtering is halal as long as the animal doesn't die from the shock. I believe this is the most efficient way to slaughter cattle.

You are so full of shit. The stunning is torture but letting an animal bleed out for a long time before it dies is ok. Right. Bloody armchair experts. You don't have a clue.

Jeebus Bazza...let me spell it out. Stunning is not torture if performed effectively and is necessary. Unfortunately it is not always effective.

You seem to have this attitude that anything done religiously especially islam is better but no actually common sense to your arguments.
No, I just keep an open mind about things.

Next time I throw out meat, think about the animals life. Right. How many animals you raised or butchered. I'm pretty sure you are a lot further away from the process than I am and your post show it.

I'm having hamburgers.

Killed and butchered more roos, deer and rabbits than many people. Given your profession probably not as many as you. Given that you run a dairy farm (I think) yes, you are closer to the source of food than me. So what? Doesn't give you carte blanch to be an ignorant prick. People would be well served to respect where their food comes from a little more.

Enjoy your burgers.

;) I prefer my vegies less than flacid...
PZCwUvh.jpg