• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This has been dis-proven. There is no evidence to support this. Don't believe the tripe that spews form Pauline Hansons facial orifice.

Does halal meat taste different to conventionally slaughtered meat? Apart from the prayers and shit what's the fundamental difference between both processes (I had the thought both involve slitting the main artery and bleeding the animal out)?
in my area there is a huge anti muslim following , on facebook they are always up in arms about halal this and halal that

I have asked if they don't believe in the religion what difference does a prayer over the meat mean , i also have to remind them that alot of the every day stuff we eat and drink is halal such as fruit and veges and water

i also have to remind them that alot of the every day stuff we eat and drink is halal such as fruit and veges and water
That is correct, it is also true though that there is no need to slaughter fruit and vegies and water. :p

I avoid Halal like the plague. Except for Chobani yogurt due to no product being similar.

If people are going to form a picket line over Halal, then don't forget about meat slaughtered under Rabbinical supervision. (kosher) standards.

I hear silence. People happy to partake in islamophobia but unwilling to be anti Semitic despite the similariy in the food hygene standards. Come on bigots, be consistent.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Halal organisations in Australia are funnelling money to terrorist organisations. This was covered quite recently and convincingly (for a change) by the ABC.

if you think that Halal organisations are the only ones in the meat trade who collude or have under the table, out wide dealings, go visit the auction yards one day and tell me it's all above board.

Why am I being forced to eat Halal. I feel the right go decide is being taken away?

Exactly this, the majority being forced to conform to a minority, even if it makes basically no difference, just another nail in the coffin for the majority.....

It's like the blind leading the blind. Most people don't know what halal is, but they know they're against it.

All foods are labelled halal if they are, so you can clearly see if a certain food is or isn't. The broader definition of "halal" for muslims is something which is allowed. So this could be drinking clean water or watching a certain TV show. When it comes to meat, it means that the animal was slaughtered in regards to a certain procedure. The procedure is something along the lines of the animal should be quickly slaughtered via the neck and the blood to be drained. This originates from preventing blood from pooling or using sick animals, which can result in diseased meat.

It's like the blind leading the blind. Most people don't know what halal is, but they know they're against it.

All foods are labelled halal if they are, so you can clearly see if a certain food is or isn't. The broader definition of "halal" for muslims is something which is allowed. So this could be drinking clean water or watching a certain TV show. When it comes to meat, it means that the animal was slaughtered in regards to a certain procedure. The procedure is something along the lines of the animal should be quickly slaughtered via the neck and the blood to be drained. This originates from preventing blood from pooling or using sick animals, which can result in diseased meat.

Ypu forgot that the animal is blessed by an Islamic person preceding the slaughter.
Conveniantly left that one out Steve? Why must my food be invoked in the name of Allah?

The food must come from a supplier that uses halal practices. Specifically, the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must precede the slaughter by invoking the name of Allah,

Last edited:
the majority of food products are considered 'Halal'. It does not mean there is anything different or special about it, just that it conforms to certain specifications re. ingredients, providence. [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; you say you avoid Halal food, much of what you eat is considered Halal or 'permissible'. Halal certification has become more common as it is in the producers best interest to have their product appeal to as broad a range of people as possible, much like the Heart Foundation tick.

All foods are considered halal except the following (which are haram):

• Swine/Pork and its by-products
  • Animals improperly slaughtered or dead before slaughtering
  • Blood
  • Alcoholic drinks and intoxicants
  • Carnivorous animals, birds of prey and certain other animals
  • Foods contaminated with any of the above products including all meat, fat and biproducts such as emulsifier and gelatin

The 'invoking' you refer to @shrek; is a blessing that must be said at the time of slaughter. Whether you think the method of slaughter (cutting of the throat) is humane or not, there are elements of the Halal slaughter procedure that are far more respectful to the meat and recognising of it's sacrificed than the practices of our Western abattoirs.

Is Halal meat slaughtered humanely?
Treating animals humanely and with utmost respect is integral to Islamic teachings. Animals are recognized in Islam as being “nations such as yourselves”. In the context of Halal there are many requirements that advance these objectives. For example, young animals are not to be taken from their mothers too early to minimize their distress and animals must not be subjected to harsh treatment. Muslims are to “lead [animals] in a beautiful way” and as such must not be pushed, pulled, mutilated or slaughtered in front of each other. They must never be shown the knife to be used for the slaughter. Animals must also be offered a drink of water before slaughter. The instrument must be extremely sharp to ensure one swift, clean cut of jugular veins, trachea and oesophagus, so as not to cause undue suffering. Islam even specifies the arteries that are to be cut to ensure the maximum convulsion of the muscles and withdrawal of blood so as to cause the animal to lose consciousness of the pain.

Fact Check.jpg

... non halal food in the supermarket such as Kosher?

I believe that Kosher is considered by Muslims to be Halal. The (observant orthodox) Jews have much stricter dietary restrictions, and Kosher fulfils all the requirements of Halal (but not vice-versa).

At least that goes for food - Kosher wine wouldn't be Halal!

Ypu forgot that the animal is blessed by an Islamic person preceding the slaughter.
Conveniantly left that one out Steve? Why must my food be invoked in the name of Allah?

Conveniently? I left it out as I didn't think that had any impact on the slaughtering process. If you don't believe in God or whatever, then who cares what someone says under their breath when working as a slaughterman.

"Far more respectful to meat. "Just because someone said a prayer, doesn't show them the knife and has a heap of bullshit rules doesn't make it more respectful.

So animals are not stunned before having their throat cut. Yeah that's heaps better.

"Young animals not taken from their mother early to minimize stress". Well that actually makes the stress worse but anyway.

I would prefer not to pay extra for a heap of bullshit rules and religious rituals.