• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Not changing topic, it's directly related, and I'm asking you a serious question since it's your area of expertise.

So you change topic. Refuse to answer my question and instead again try to divert it by asking me a question. Lol.

So you change topic. Refuse to answer my question and instead again try to divert it by asking me a question. Lol.

And your question has already been answered and I've re-quoted bits and pieces to help you and directed you back to the original information no less than half a dozen times. If you require more than that I cannot help you.

So list your perceived benefits then. Preferable without resorting to insults or more diversion.

"Halal" is a broad term that isn't just specifically the slaughtering process. I guess you could break it down as pre slaughter and post slaughter.

Pre Slaughter
There are certain animals that aren't halal and can never be, regardless of the slaughtering process. These are generally animals that are carnivores (crocodile, lions, dogs, pigs, bears). In the western world it's generally accepted that these animals shouldn't be eaten except for pigs. The reason for this is to prevent disease. Animals that eat other animals can pass diseases between species. It also means that it's possible for these animals to consume human meat. There are many adverse health and mental effects if you indirectly consume human flesh. Unlikely, but it could happen; especially during wars.

When the animal is slaughtered, it's done one by one opposed to mass killings by machines. How do you know that every chicken killed by Inghams was alive before it went into the machine. There is also the issue of draining the blood once slaughtered to prevent pooling and spoiled meat. By having the slaughterer one by one kill the animals with Islamic practices, it's another level of quality control to filter out sick animals.
All abattoirs in Australia have to abide by government regulations in terms of animal care and hygiene. If an abattoir wants to practice halal methods, they're doing it on top of what is required.

Post Slaughter
Halal meat can be tainted if it comes into contact with non halal meat. So restaurants can't claim to be halal if they're cooking bacon on the same grill as halal meat.

Halal can also mean that a product doesn't contain something that isn't allowed. For example chocolate could be classified as halal or non halal whether it contains animal products.

Last edited:
Well it's wrong for starters Animals live for a while after having their throat cut. That's why it's not an accepted method of slaughter for us here. It would be good if people looked past religious traditions and did what is better for the animal.
What part is wrong for starters? Okay, so they live for a while after their throat has been cut! Isn't the issue here about pain and suffering of that animal, or are we discussing some other issue?

Have you seen any? I doubt it.

Every thing is about money. If it's not profitable it's not sustainable.

You know what's also profitable in animals raisin, happy, healthy animals with low death rates.

Dead unhealthy animals are what causes loss of profit.

my father worked for steggles for years. i got told the stories... real ones, not made pretend ones, what really happened.