• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
As I don't have a log this is the closest thing I could find to misc training thread..

Post diet - So after bringing carbs back at about 200g/day and increasing Kj overall, I have continued to lose weight at an accelerated pace. Over the last 10-11 days I've dropped another kg, which at my current BF (no, not boyfriend you dick...) level is tangible. The scales actually said considerably more than this this morning, but I'm allowing for some minor differences in hydration as I stopped drinking water early evening yesterday because I'm sick of getting up 2-3 times a night to go to the loo, but still drank 5-6 litres during the day, so difference should have been minimal.

I put this down to one of two factors.

1) A bit of metabolic rebound, from being on reduced carbohydrates and low kj overall, in which case I would expect the weight loss to stabilise and/or drop off in the near future as things return to 'normal'.

2) In all likelihood my metabolism runs faster and utilises fat more efficiently at the increased rate dictated by my current carb/kj level, although still obviously in a deficit.

A combination of the two is most likely.

Although this is nothing new, and not news for anyone who has read Lyle McDonalds books or has read about dieting in general, but the implication of this is that periods of low carb/kj intake couple with periods of higher intake can allow you to take advantage of your metabolisms inclination to 'supercompensate' or 'rebound' through manipulation of macronutrient and overall kj intake. For me personally, the extent of which will be determined by how long I continue to lose fat at this level of carb/kj intake. This is the premise behind carb and kj 'cycling', however this is usually done over shorter 'microcycles' of days. The take away is that lower carbs/kj for longer is not optimal when dieting, and although periods of low intake may be necessary to enjoy the 'rebound' effect people should experiment and find their 'sweet spot' with kj and macro intake.

As I said, this is nothing new but anecdotal evidence of what has been written by many people, and food for thought for anyone else who maybe dieting. Hopefully it aids someone to tweak their diet for optimal results, and avoid the lower-for-longer trap when dieting.

I too was surprised how little weight I put back on when I started eating more. I did do it incrementally though and also kept up the cardio until I was back to maintenance calories.

This is the third time I've actually intentionally dieted to reach a goal. Every time the weight stays off for a few months until I cut back the cardio or get sloppy with my diet.

this shit pisses me off , got a acquaintance , skinny as a runt , no muscle on him at all , with a 6 pack , he shoves pics up on facebook and the comments were :looking buff ..looking healthy , and woah sexy"

i thought fuck me , he looked like an anorexic Ethiopian , so i asked how much he can press or squat in the gym , and straight away i was shot down for being an asshole

i think the people who know and generally count know that anyone who has low enough body fat will have a six pack, which also doesnt mean they are fit, muscled, built or whatever, these other people are just morons...

Let's face it the Bieber look is "in-style" right now. Just ask yourself, when was the last time you been to a clothes shop and been able to find a pair of pants that actually proportionately FIT??!

Let's face it the Bieber look is "in-style" right now. Just ask yourself, when was the last time you been to a clothes shop and been able to find a pair of pants that actually proportionately FIT??!

Over time I have accumulated three different wardrobes. Peak bulk, mid cut and lean.

I tried on some dickie's extra wide ones the other day. Hoping I can bring back the kriss-kross look cos they're the only ones that fit

if my memory serves me correctly and im showing my age a little here i believe it was 1994, coincidently it may have also been the same time i gave the flick to wearing long pants and took to wearing shorts year round.....

Man even my shorts don't fricken fit anymore. I told the missus I'm rolling gym shorts or trackies everywhere, she just laughed, obviously thought I was joking

unless its zero deg C i aint wearing jeans

overheat like a mofo with those on but they do fit i just buy 2 sizes too big

So....Had a week off last week to let a few things heal and recover. It had been at least 18 weeks since my last break which is a lot longer than usual. Feeling pretty good now. Back in the gym today with a new program. Still putting it together but doing a power/hypertrophy hybrid program.

Although I'll be essentially hitting each group twice weekly the volume will actually be a little lower. It seems a common complaint about programs like PHAT is the volume but I've been training with considerably higher volume for the last several months so this will actually be a a step down, but hopefully a more intelligent program. The past few months had taken a bit of a toll on the old tendons and ligaments.

Today was the first power day push/pull, took longer than expected but still felt quite fresh at the end, which is a nice change. Hadn't done flat BB bench for about a month so was happy to hit 5s @105. BOBB rows hit 125 x 5 on my second and third set for a weight PB.

Training by movement e.g. push/pull or upper/lower some days will be new for me as I have virtually always trained discrete muscle groups. There will still be plenty of time for that on the hyper days though. I'm likely going to alternate Sumo DL and Back squat as Lower power movements but will still front squat weekly on higher rep days, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. I can definitely see some areas for improvement (imo) in programs like PHAT but I think the underlying principles may have some merit, so I will adapt it to my requirements and see how things progress over the next 12 odd weeks.

Looking forward to the power side of things and (hopefully) seeing some upward movement on my compound lifts, as well as the condensed hypertrophy aspect. Hopefully it doesn't aggravate my elbow. One of these days I'll start a log instead of random ramblings in here.....Any comments welcome.

So....Had a week off last week to let a few things heal and recover. It had been at least 18 weeks since my last break which is a lot longer than usual. Feeling pretty good now. Back in the gym today with a new program. Still putting it together but doing a power/hypertrophy hybrid program.

Although I'll be essentially hitting each group twice weekly the volume will actually be a little lower. It seems a common complaint about programs like PHAT is the volume but I've been training with considerably higher volume for the last several months so this will actually be a a step down, but hopefully a more intelligent program. The past few months had taken a bit of a toll on the old tendons and ligaments.

Today was the first power day push/pull, took longer than expected but still felt quite fresh at the end, which is a nice change. Hadn't done flat BB bench for about a month so was happy to hit 5s @105. BOBB rows hit 125 x 5 on my second and third set for a weight PB.

Training by movement e.g. push/pull or upper/lower some days will be new for me as I have virtually always trained discrete muscle groups. There will still be plenty of time for that on the hyper days though. I'm likely going to alternate Sumo DL and Back squat as Lower power movements but will still front squat weekly on higher rep days, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. I can definitely see some areas for improvement (imo) in programs like PHAT but I think the underlying principles may have some merit, so I will adapt it to my requirements and see how things progress over the next 12 odd weeks.

Looking forward to the power side of things and (hopefully) seeing some upward movement on my compound lifts, as well as the condensed hypertrophy aspect. Hopefully it doesn't aggravate my elbow. One of these days I'll start a log instead of random ramblings in here.....Any comments welcome.
Start a log kunce. That is all.