• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should Australian Gun Laws be

• Tightened

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Loosened

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
bodybuilding challenge of course. sffu and deliver, or, stfu. pretty easy.

we are on a bb site no?

12 weeks, man up!!!

Last edited:
if you don't do it, don't datre talk shit to me, ever again, ever!
otherwise, do it!

Last edited:
sorry not gay enough for that

so gun laws as per the thread topic , just like all other threads, seems all of us are capable of staying on topic except for you. Do you have ADD or something?

I expected the photo of my three gun rig would prompt something entertaining around these parts. It's a mission of mine to increase participation in the safe sports of shooting.

There a more firearms on issue in the hands of law abiding Australian citizens than at any other time in the nations history and the incidence of firearm crime by licensed firearm owners remains at almost negligible levels compared with other violent crime and crimes committed with illegal firearms.

The number of firearms legally on issue in Australia would indicate a rate of of roughly one firearm per 20 people (5%). It's nothing like the US where I have heard that firearms > population. Explains why no one invades the US.

gunstores are going gangbusters at the moment. Are the large numbers of law abiding citizens who have chosen to take up this safe recreational activity all wrong and a threat to civility? I see all ages, genders, belief systems and even sexual preferences participating in this harmless activity. Properly policed, significant conservation benefits can be gained by recreational hunting.

After the Port Arthur crime, which was committed by an insane man who used unlicensed firearms, the government reacted by penalising sane, law abiding firearms owners. Go figure that one out. A few years later, a silly kid who was legally in possession of two handguns committed murder (by no means a mass-murder) at Monash University. The government reacted by outlawing categories of firearms that were not even involved in that crime.

we had to hand in our valued possessions for destruction. Some of the firearms may have been in the family for a couple of generations. Even The most benign self-loading 22 rim fire rifles were deemed evil weapons and destroyed. The most savage thing most of these rifles had done was knock down a few empty coke cans or rid a paddock of vermin.

A poll on firearms ownership on this site will give support for loosening of firearms controls. It's to be expected, there are a lot of boofy blokes like me who like to do harmless bloke things. Most of us would not be comfortable pointing a firearm at another human being, using a gun whilst intoxicated or leaving our firearms stored irresponsibly.

On the question of concealed carry or being able to own a firearm for purely defensive purposes;

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this topic. I would hate to see our society deteriorate to the point where people found it necessary to be armed in public and pray that we all continue to get along peacefully so that guns never need to be taken up for killing others. I'd like to think peoples primary reason for ownership of a firearm is for their own enjoyment.

In some states like WA we have the castle doctrine in our law. That allows the occupant of a home to use whatever force is considered necessary at the time to prevent harm to the occupants. It doesn't mean we can lie in wait or irresponsibly store firearms in a state of preparedness in a manner that anyone can access them.. To have a firearm on hand and ready for protection of the home could under the current legislation be a breach of the various firearms laws. I think that is an area that should be amended, provided that the firearms owner is able to prevent access to the firearm by unauthorised people. In other words a slightly different way of storing a firearm for use.

On the issue of loosening ownership laws;

nationwide, there is a requirement for the licensee to have a genuine reason or genuine need for the firearm. I feel that is nanny state overkill. Competent people should be allowed to own a firearm because they wish to own a firearm in the same way they wish to own a television, a motorcycle, an abtronic, a wife or any other inanimate object.

I have no problem with there being fairly onerous proof of competence and suitability of a person to own a firearm.

There is is no need for fully automatic firearms in the hands of civilians, their rate of fire represents a potential hazard to others (and a bloody waste of ammo) and I think only highly trained military or law enforcement types should be issued such devices. Nor do I consider it necessary or appropriate for civilians to own armour piercing or explosive projectiles.

However, I would be pleased if the restrictions on self loading (semi automatic) rifles could be relaxed provided the licensee was deemed competent to own them. There are many fine semi automatic hunting rifles that are effective and come with excellent modularity but do not represent a threat to anyone other than hoplophobes.

Also, the restriction on handgun calibre and magazine capacity does not make any sense. We can't use anything with a calibre greater than 9mm/38 for practical shooting competitions but many of the permutations available under this restriction can actually generate more energy than the 45 acp, 10mm or 40cal rounds that they have replaced. Also, the manufacturers of most of the semi auto pistols did not originally supply the pistols with 10 round magazines - it's cheaper to use OEM mags but sadly we are not allowed. A 10 round mag can be reloaded with another 10 round mag in under a second anyway.

And the states that it happens in dont allow guns
That doesn't happen in the states that allow them, because they know someone will defend themselves.
Which American state does not allow guns?
I'm pretty sure it's none.

Your second claim has no basis of truth to it.
Any country which has high gun usage and relaxed gun laws will also have a high gun crime rate and high death rate by guns.

I don't blame US police for their hard lined attitude, they have no idea which idiot will be carrying a gun and ready to shoot at them.
Open carry and concealed carry laws are ridiculous, they're not in the Wild West anymore, there is no need for a regular citizen to be carrying a gun out in public and out in the street.

The yank's obsession with guns borders on psychotic

every other kunce own a gun? probably need a gun

no kunce got a gun? dont need one.

aus is probably one of the safest country's on earth, absolute horse shit you need a gun here for anything other than recreation

Which American state does not allow guns?
I'm pretty sure it's none.

Your second claim has no basis of truth to it.
Any country which has high gun usage and relaxed gun laws will also have a high gun crime rate and high death rate by guns.

I don't blame US police for their hard lined attitude, they have no idea which idiot will be carrying a gun and ready to shoot at them.
Open carry and concealed carry laws are ridiculous, they're not in the Wild West anymore, there is no need for a regular citizen to be carrying a gun out in public and out in the street.

The yank's obsession with guns borders on psychotic

the city of Chicago and Los Angeles have restrictive gun laws. Chicago is a terrible place.

A nazi nutcase killed 70 or so people in Norway with a rifle. Yet very few over there in the land of the Nobel Peace Prize raised the issue of firearms ownership in the aftermath of the massacre.

The United Kingdom banned handguns. It's more violent than ever.

the city of Chicago and Los Angeles have restrictive gun laws. Chicago is a terrible place.

A nazi nutcase killed 70 or so people in Norway with a rifle. Yet very few over there in the land of the Nobel Peace Prize raised the issue of firearms ownership in the aftermath of the massacre.

The United Kingdom banned handguns. It's more violent than ever.
But all nothing compared to rootin tootin shootin America

Hard not be misty eyed about the second amendment.

2887474a4840cde6a13957af2db72b5f_zpssponvxaw.jpg