• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
anyone got any good skipping advice/vids etc?

I actually suck so bad at skipping and look like a twat at training. never been able to master it!

I have just started back skipping. Reasonably good at it, but have lost fitness.

Just do with two feet together until easy and fitter, then start moving from foot to foot and you will just get better through practice. From there, double movements and so on.

skipping.gif

Just skip loud and proud.

Practice, practice, practice. And then practice some more! If you spend just 5 min a day practicing your skip, imagine how good you'll be after a week.

Of course you got to at least know the basics. Make sure the rope length is correct, use the balls of your feet, flip the rope with your wrist not your arms, knees slightly bent to protect your knees, and resist the temptation to jump instead of skip. For starters.

You can measure progress by counting how many reps you do before the rope catches your feet. One extra continuous rep a day (or more) is most excellent.. But forget about the fancy tricks until you can skip continuously for 1 minute.

Good luck! Fellow skipper in trainer right 'ere yo.

Problem I've found is normal skipping is so low intensity. After 25 minutes you're still not really warmed up.

Anyone know how to make it high intensity, without having to incorporate other activities.

EDIT: Vid removed, too ghey.

Last edited:
i can skip ok but im sloppy and use shit loads more energy than I should,
check this crazy shit out,

yeah I am a retard at skipping as well but I see it like the speed ball, all you need to do is practice to get good at it...

used to be pretty good as a teen, would do crossovers, doubles, sometimes tripples but never continuously.

dunno how i'd go now, but as an early teen used to practice heaps in the garage, between skateboarding.

think i've lost nearly all the fast twitch stuff since bodybuilding.

Why is that a problem unless you're Ariana Grande - different name, same thing! Carpark or parking lot? Midget or vertically challenged? Kipping pull ups or being fucked by wonderwoman? And so on.