• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
In this episode, Chris Duffin revamps Silent Mike's skwaat, and teaches him some warmup and prehab/rehab exercises to improve his positioning and keep him in one piece as they work up to a few heavy doubles and singles after a big deadlift workout the previous day.

So just a quick clarification needed. When do you kunces go through the breathing cue that this Chris guys suggested? As you are about to unrack or just before the first rep?

By the time I braced myself as per his instructions, unrack the weight, walk it out, I am gasping for another breath already! And if I do, all tightness is lost.

So just a quick clarification needed. When do you kunces go through the breathing cue that this Chris guys suggested? As you are about to unrack or just before the first rep?

By the time I braced myself as per his instructions, unrack the weight, walk it out, I am gasping for another breath already! And if I do, all tightness is lost.

Both times
You probably have weak intercostals, they will get stronger

Pretty sure he only uses a monolift so no walk out issues.

When you unpack, if you are set up tight and right then the bar will pop off the pins real easy. You will feel solid, in control and secure, no matter what the weight.

You will need to re-inflate just before starting the squat, just make sure that you don't let all your air out as that will have you go soft, and no one wants that. Right? Going soft before getting into the hole is a no no.

So, get super tight, unrack, step back (2-3 foot movements, no fussing like a cat in a litter box), let a bit of air out without relaxing your back, inflate your gut again then squat. Rinse and repeat for reps.

One cue that I add to all that is "knees out" both on the way down and up. Being set up tight does not guarantee a good floor spread, at least not for me, so push out both down and up.