• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
So my shoulders click, snap and pop when I move them around in wide circles such as in a shoulder dislocation movement with the broomstick (or in a windmill)

They certainly click, snap, and pop when I do warm up exercises such as anterior and lateral rotation with a small weight or dumbell.

It doesn't hurt but in my mind they sound sinister as, and may be a signal of worse to come. Should I be worried? And what would you do if your shoulder starts to click, snap and pop?

yeah i had a moto accident and dislocated my shoulder, it makes all sorts of noises now when training.

take care of the shoulders, they are a complex joint and are very delicate.

So my shoulders click, snap and pop when I move them around in wide circles such as in a shoulder dislocation movement with the broomstick (or in a windmill)

They certainly click, snap, and pop when I do warm up exercises such as anterior and lateral rotation with a small weight or dumbell.

It doesn't hurt but in my mind they sound sinister as, and may be a signal of worse to come. Should I be worried? And what would you do if your shoulder starts to click, snap and pop?

Here's the formula to keep in mind: Nearly all the noises you hear whilst performing normal movements is normal. However when these noises are accompanied by pain, you go from what was normal to what now has become abnormal.

Great, so what does that mean in English? It means your body is sending you a message with these words: "set me free!" That means you've been performing certain movements over and over and over again (which in and of itself is not bad, or the issue here), but it does mean that you have been locking your body/joints into following a certain pattern that they have just had enough of, and can tolerate it no longer...., time for a change!

Again, what does that mean in real life? It means if you've been doing front squats, change to back squat for a while. It means if you've been doing some barbell military press with your hands a certain distance apart, it's time to change that distance slightly. It means..... you get the picture.

I write the above based on my experience and the experience of my 9 weightlifting colleagues of yesteryears. We did thousands of those shoulder dislocation with broomsticks. And we all had our clicking and popping noises coming out of all different joints. None were considered to be an injury because none were.

So with this new awareness, some of those noises might disappear altogether. The bottom line for people like us (who train regularly), is to realise that a change of pattern; a change of the path the bar is traveling, a change of a grip, by narrowing it or by widening it a bit may be all that was ever needed in the first place.

What, you mean get on the juice lol. I am picturing deca-durabolin unless you're referring to somethink else. Me no lingo gringo :rolleyes:

You got the lingo gringo, that's the shit, low andro works wonders for joints.

The bottom line for people like us (who train regularly), is to realise that a change of pattern; a change of the path the bar is traveling, a change of a grip, by narrowing it or by widening it a bit may be all that was ever needed in the first place.
Well since there is no pain it would be silly for me to throw some hard earned $$ to my osteo only for him to laugh at my face. And I doubt he would be able to pinpoint what is causing the clicking since the shoulder is so complex.

Changing the pressing movements around is a good idea. I never hear it click or snap around when I am working out. Scapular wall slides causes the shoulder to feel like its catching on something slightly at mid rep. Even though there is no pain in my mind I see little tendons snapping in and out of groove like rubber bands, which makes me cringe hard.

And I have read that tight traps, and core instability could be the cause but hard to tell. I hope to see some benefits with more facepulls and rows, plus pec and trap stretches/lacrosse ball rolling might help to get rid of it.

my shoulder clicks and pops doing rotations, has done since I strained my AC join, no pain though so it doesnt concern me

Looks like as long as I keep up with my mobility and pec, lat and trap stretches after warmup I should be fine then!

Do any sport for any length of time and try and find a joint that doesn't click or crunch. My knees sound like they have gravel in them.

My shoulder used to that on lateral raises and still does occasionally. Sometimes even when I warm them up heaps. Doesn't have pain. However I have had shoulder pain before because of a rotacuff problem.

My left shoulder still cracks and pops from doing my left AC joint last year, many years ago I also had a right rotator cuff injury but it is fine now. I do a lot of shoulder stretching and warm ups before workout and haven't had any drama's yet.

I wouldn't worry about any noises too much but if you start to feel pain though then get it looked at.

Do any sport for any length of time and try and find a joint that doesn't click or crunch. My knees sound like they have gravel in them.
Are you not concerned your knees sound like that lol
and if so what do you do about it??

You can try taking fishoil daily. It should help lubricate the joint

I'm using Joint complex by Bulk Nutrients at the moment. My shoulder's ain't clicking and popping anymore so I'll just keep supping up in case that's what's making the problem go away lol!

It's funny that people think fish oil lubricates the joint. Like the oil bypasses the stomach and makes its way to the joint.

I think people just think EPA and DHA are anti- inflammatory... but I know what you mean. That's why I put mine straight into the knee...

supartz_0524.jpg