• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you support Gay Marriage?

• Total voters
First time getting involved in this thread, because I'm finding the question being asked is the wrong question to ask (my opinion). Is the issue here about "marriage", or about a legal recognition/acceptance of a homosexual couple commitment to each other for life?

A heterosexual marriage (even though legally recognised/accepted), is no longer viewed as a necessity (even by law), for the couple to have certain rights over each other should they decide to go their separate ways some day in the future.

So based on my understanding (and I'm happy to be corrected), should not the question be more about whether one (or the law), ought to view a marriage between a homosexual couple the way it views a heterosexual's marriage, and if no, then why not?

One of the biggest advantages of marriage though is a will and what happens when one of the party dies.

A marriage certificate is a very big advantage to have in court especially if people are contesting the will. Being married clearly signifies a very significant relationship more so than a civil union, and is just as clear as a birth certificate naming the mother and father.

And from there you have other things as well; life insurance payouts, disability assistance, passport and visa rights etc

One thing people against marriage equality say is that it's a slippery slope towards expanding marriage out beyond "two people" to "Two or more people" or people and animals" etc etc

I think any survey would find the vast majority of the population is not in favour of anything beyond "2 people".

So while marriage is not necessary, it has many advantages in legal representation which is currently being denied to homosexual couples.

[MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION], I wouldn't mind knowing more about this legal discrimination you speak of, can you please link me to a case where active discrimination by the legal system was a direct result of sexuality?

So while marriage is not necessary, it has many advantages in legal representation which is currently being denied to homosexual couples.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post Sir, I truly appreciate it.

You've used the word "denied" above, which to me means, (or leads me back to) the status of a homosexual couple's marriage being unrecognised/unaccepted by our legal system (as you've correctly stated). Yet I remember not so long ago, when a de facto relationship was (not so much frowned upon), but also denied the rights of the legally married couple (again I stand to be corrected on this issue).

So it's a case of our laws developing over time to cater for what is becoming the norm. Therefore, should a de facto couple voice their objection to a homosexual couple receiving the same rights as they do, I would view that attitude as not only prejudiced, but also hypocritical of the highest order.

View attachment 12340

One of the biggest advantages of marriage though is a will and what happens when one of the party dies.

A marriage certificate is a very big advantage to have in court especially if people are contesting the will. Being married clearly signifies a very significant relationship more so than a civil union, and is just as clear as a birth certificate naming the mother and father.

And from there you have other things as well; life insurance payouts, disability assistance, passport and visa rights etc

One thing people against marriage equality say is that it's a slippery slope towards expanding marriage out beyond "two people" to "Two or more people" or people and animals" etc etc

I think any survey would find the vast majority of the population is not in favour of anything beyond "2 people".

That's not the case Headley, any couple married or not including homosexual couples, who have lived together under the same roof as a couple for a period of time are afforded the same rights by the legal system.

That's not the case Headley, any couple married or not including homosexual couples, who have lived together under the same roof as a couple for a period of time are afforded the same rights by the legal system.

In a lot of cases that is true, but not in all. Specifically when dealing with wills and who has legal claim to what.

The types of people who are entitled to the best representation are: husband/wife, parents and (i believe) flesh and blood children.

De facto partners, step parents, adopted/step children can certainly make a claim but the effort they need to put in to validate their claim is greater.

I don't know if a civil union covers husband/wife but i don't believe it does.

yes, I support it. love is a beautiful thing, gives purpose and meaning to your life. can't wait til it is legislated, and time is no longer wasted on such a basic human right.

The Right Wingers are going after poor Pynnie.

christopher-pyne-1200-horizontal.jpg

I think the conservative wing of the liberals are dead men walking. do they really believe that people will side with their ideas.

they may get rid of the moderates, but all that will o is help labor smash them at next election.

46,800 same sex couples in Australia, according to 2016 Census. That seems a lot. Some of you kunce fill out the Form incorrectly?