• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you support Gay Marriage?

• Total voters
I support gay marriage because of my conservative values. One of the basic conservative values is that society is built on keeping promises.

I give you $3, you give me a pie.
I show up and work, you pay me for my work, and don't fire me for no reason.
You vote for me, I'll try to put these policies through Parliament.
I give you the right to lend money to people to buy houses, I'll make sure we only lend to people who can pay.
You bring beer, I'll bring pizza.
We'll meet at 12 for lunch.
You give me a driver's license, I'll stop when it's red and go when it's green.

If I give you 3 bucks and don't get a pie, or I take the pie and don't pay, if I show up for lunch and you don't, if I fire you for no reason, if I lend money to people who can't pay, if I go through a red light, if people break promises - things turn shitty. Our personal lives are miserable, and society doesn't work well, the economy becomes unstable. Basically everything works better if people are willing and able to make and keep promises to each-other.

People are putting off marriage because they're reluctant to make promises to each-other. Employers want to hire people casually - they don't want to keep promises to them. Politicians have "core promises" and "non-core promises". Foreign companies want to be able to buy all our resources, but they don't want to hire local workers for a decent wage. Electricity and public transport companies want to raise prices without improving services. Friends invite you to lunch but then fuck about on their mobile phones the whole time. Divorce is easier than getting out of a hire-purchase agreement. Blokes make babies with women and nobody expects them to stick around to be a father.

People are less willing and able to make and keep promises than they were in the past. This is one of the causes of all sorts of shitty stuff. So we've got a group of people who are DESPERATE to make and keep promises to each-other. That they happen to be poofters or dykes really does not matter. Who gives a shit? People making and keeping promises for a lifetime - we need more of that! That's conservatism.

[MENTION=17927]Newbuilder[/MENTION]; [MENTION=17005]supporter[/MENTION]; thoughts comments pls!

For better or worse
In sickness and in health
Till death do we part

True Kyle, ifor most, ntegrity has gone out the window.

i make a promise to you, I keep that promise, even if it does not benefit me, I keep my promise.

Marriage is a huge undertaking, if you are not in love with that person.

and there is a huuuge difference between being "in-love" and "loving"

Last edited:
The last census shows that, nationwide, 0.6% of the population live in same sex relationships. That's six per thousand. Of that, some would not seek to be married which is a trend in heterosexual Australia too. Also, the 15-25 demographic contains a subset of minors who aren't eligible for marriage and under the law don't have a sexual identity.

So the actual numbers of people who are butt hurt about not having a gay wedding could be as low as three or four per thousand.

Why should I accept any amendment to the Marriage Act to cater for such an extreme, infinitesimal minority? I value the definition of marriage and last time I checked, heterosexual people in marriages comprised more than three per thousand.

BTW in much of WA, the census shows that about 0.3% of the population live in same sex relationships. Why the hell are we even contemplating amendment of the Act for the one in a thousand who even want a gay wedding?

more than 120 pieces of legislation have already been amended to protect the rights of people in same sex relationships. For such a small minority group this is an unprecedented an probably wasteful misallocation of parliamentary resources.

Shut the hell up gay people, many of us are learning to hate you.

it is a mental disorder, think about it...

oh, its a "choice", really? its a mental over-ride choice.

how isn't that a personality problem? how does someone NOT find the opposite sex attractive? except if they been abused, then even again, mental instability.

trust me, i know more than you do about this shit.
i'm simply putting the facts on the table.
i don't judge, i don't care, but to deny the facts is ludicrous
it is a type of mental dysfunction, be it from abuse, or something else...
I don't think it's a choice, I believe they're born that way.

What about those people who are in heterosexual relationships for years then decide to try the other menu? Lots of them.

I think theres research out there that girls are more likely to be gay then guys, which I can thoroughly understand.

True dat.

My cousin was married until his kids were in their 20's. Divorced his ho-bag wife, nek minnit he with a dude (his partner is awesome).

When I quizzed him on this, he stated it was more about the person as opposed to the gender, although clearly now he prefers guys so don't think he'd consider himself a bi-sexual, esp. now he's married.

probably quite rare for them to be hard wired that way. People like to cite lab studies about rats or some shit. The moment anyone questions the genetic hypothesis of homosexuality, they get shot down just like climate change "skeptics" get chastised for interrogating the data.

If it is hard wired, then it's a trait that is supposed to die out with that generation since it is impossible for truly homosexual individuals to procreate. Oh but cry havoc! I want to be gay and have offspring too.

It's just like being a thin streak of pelican shit who wants to be a champion power lifter, let's find a way of cheating the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_T
Who gives a shit where other blokes are sticking their cocks. I just hate overt displays of affection Hetro or gay.

the push for gay marriage is also about family tax concessions so I don't agree dual income no kids shouldn't be classed as a family, they should be taxed at the cashed up poofs rate.

:D

When someone suggested this thread I thought, "I can't wait for Brick to post!".

Cashed up poofs rate? I'm just checking my Master Tax Guide now, must be an out of date edition! :D

On spread.

What about those people who are in heterosexual relationships for years then decide to try the other menu? Lots of them.
I think You'll find that those men/women were always gay to begin with, they don't just decide to change teams half way through their life and while they were married they would secretly visit parks, toilets, bars and other sleazy gay hangouts.

There are plenty of examples of raging poofs being married to women at one stage, for instance, Don Dunstan and not to mention Elton John who's had more arse than a toilet seat.