• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you support Gay Marriage?

• Total voters
They're not trying to emulate another gender, they identify as themselves being that gender.

Also, "doesn't bother me if they don't have an agenda"...what is that even supposed to mean?

If you're born a man or a woman, that's what you are. Having your body mutilated to imitate being the opposite gender doesn't make you that.

I mean that I don't care if there's gay powerlifters etc, as long as they're not screaming about how gay they are or wanting special treatment because of it.
[MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; I'd say a lot of it is environmental, lack of strong positive role models of the same gender etc.

if hormones are responsible for elements of male and female behaviour, I would think that some may have an interesting mix which promotes their feelings as being transgender. The fact that surgery techniques have been more widely used, does not take away from transgender thoughts.

Again, both genetics and environment may explain situation of different individuals.

If you're born a man or a woman, that's what you are. Having your body mutilated to imitate being the opposite gender doesn't make you that.

I mean that I don't care if there's gay powerlifters etc, as long as they're not screaming about how gay they are or wanting special treatment because of it.

Quite easy for you to say when you don't look in the mirror and see a guy but for all intents and purposes, identify as a woman.

Who are you to deny these people the chance to live a happier life? What affect does it have on you?

Fair point regarding the "agenda" and I think you'll find the marriage thing is the opposite of wanting special treatment, it's wanting the same treatment for everyone.

I reckon that trans individuals need therapy, whether they find their gender dysphoria to be unwanted or not. Simply put, having your junk cut and shut and taking large doses of oestrogen will not magically make you a woman. I think that the amount who still kill themselves or have severe depression afterwards bears this out. Off topic somewhat though.

funny-gay-reproduce-adopt-abandoned.jpg

I was a big fan of bruce jenner in 1970s when he won 1976 OG decathlon.

So much for views of macho men. He really wanted to be a woman after all.

I reckon that trans individuals need therapy, whether they find their gender dysphoria to be unwanted or not. Simply put, having your junk cut and shut and taking large doses of oestrogen will not magically make you a woman. I think that the amount who still kill themselves or have severe depression afterwards bears this out. Off topic somewhat though.

You realise they don't just go into the surgery on a whim right? No good surgeon will perform a gender reassignment without knowing that the patient HAS already undergone significant amounts of therapy.

In the strictest of terms, you are right, the operation won't make someone a woman, but again, what's wrong with it if it means someone can lead a happier life.
Why does it concern you so much?

Also, where are you getting your numbers about the "amount who still kill themselves or have severe depression afterwards"?
Genuine question

You realise they don't just go into the surgery on a whim right? No good surgeon will perform a gender reassignment without knowing that the patient HAS already undergone significant amounts of therapy.

In the strictest of terms, you are right, the operation won't make someone a woman, but again, what's wrong with it if it means someone can lead a happier life.
Why does it concern you so much?

Also, where are you getting your numbers about the "amount who still kill themselves or have severe depression afterwards"?
Genuine question

It's fairly well documented, here's a couple of studies:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth

http://www.peter-ould.net/2013/11/13/transgender-mortality-rates/

I am concerned because it's unneccessary surgery to try and 'fix' a mental illness that does not tend to make them 'happier'.

It's fairly well documented, here's a couple of studies:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth

http://www.peter-ould.net/2013/11/13/transgender-mortality-rates/

I am concerned because it's unneccessary surgery to try and 'fix' a mental illness that does not tend to make them 'happier'.

have not looked yet, but do such studies break down cultural differences between societies.

I would imagine that in societies where transgender behaviour is considered freakish, high suicide rate only natural. I mean who the fuck could handle everyone, or many, despising you.

But maybe in certain societies where transgender behaviour is more accepted, stress may be less evident (less suicides).

problem me from 2nd study is

'Remember, the research is on Swedish post-ops and Scandinavia is arguably one of the most liberal and affirming parts of western society'.

Still what about pacific islands where such behaviour more accepted.

see
http://www.gendercentre.org.au/reso...rchived-articles/like-a-lady-in-polynesia.htm

Well Sweden is one of the most "progressive" countries in the world; if anywhere in the world was to be tolerant and accepting of such things it would be there.

Sparty a bit of crossdressing is a fair bit different to being that mentally unstable to try and have your appearance irrevocably altered to look like a woman or a man.

[MENTION=16675]bozodos[/MENTION]; so is there proof that homosexuality is a choice?

yes, but we are talking about marriage for legally accepted behaviour.

Do you advocate a return to homosexuality being deemed a crime? Surely not.

I'd say the onus is on the poofs who claim that it's genetic to prove that it is. Going by their own logic too, would you say that paedophiles are born that way? That it's genetic?

I've heard it said that Paedophiles have a disease of the mind. Not sure how true that is. I've known one "Rockspider" and he is the most unethical person I think I've ever met - a total liar, manipulator, a total sociopath.

So that gay bloke who told me that being gay is a choice wasn't too far wrong. For a lot of them it probably is a choice, although I know we can't generalize.