• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
Has anyone here successfully treated tennis elbow/elbow tendonitis? What was your treatment?

Nah, the kunce comes and goes, find that when I back of the tricep please downs, it helps to make it go away quicker, but that's as much help I am on the matter. (Until I become surgeon that is)

Trippy video.

He mentioned shoulders I think at the start of the vid.

Wonder how one would treat the same injury there with the band.

Get it from time to time and on the inside of elbows too. Kunty

I have to baby mine for a while every time it comes up, but also avoid what caused the issue (obvious)

Last tennis elbow was from unracking too far down the bench. Could bench to 75% with no pain so I just did that for some months while it gradually subsided

I had this for about 6 months. Was seeing some craps physio in this crappy town I was working in....wasn't much else available . Wasn't till I got back Brisbane that I had it fixed. They had to actually flare mine up again and aggravate it . They used some machine ....I think called a dolla class. It's like a mini jackhammer with round steel ball tip.
They hold it in there hand and they run it over your elbow area. It's only a 4 minute session but it wacks you about 3000 times.
Had about 3 sessions and I was fixed.

I had this for about 6 months. Was seeing some craps physio in this crappy town I was working in....wasn't much else available . Wasn't till I got back Brisbane that I had it fixed. They had to actually flare mine up again and aggravate it . They used some machine ....I think called a dolla class. It's like a mini jackhammer with round steel ball tip.
They hold it in there hand and they run it over your elbow area. It's only a 4 minute session but it wacks you about 3000 times.
Had about 3 sessions and I was fixed.

Hmm ok, I will investigate this. It ain't getting any better.

My husband finally went and got Cortisone injected and adter 1 year and over $1000 on physio it fixed it straight away. Will need a touch up later probably but quality of life is back.

I did lots of elbow and forearm stretching, ART and adjusted my grip on chinups (that was the main cause for me).

I still get it from time to time when I do a fair bit of isolation work for bi's and tri's. Just have to be wary of it and stop if it hurts.

Bench and tri isolation movements seem to be the worst. I've got reduced ROM in my left arm as a result. I think DLs are about the only time it gets pulled almost straight.

Think I might have to get some sleeves in the meantime and just be 'that dude' that gets strapped up to bench 100kg :rolleyes:

Pain is a result of weakness, have a look at this machine, you need to do some rotations, find an exercise that emulates this.

for example, use are bar and rotate both supination and pronation movements, place the hand on the bar to adjust the leverage (resistance), you want most resistance at contraction.

This will help.

Tbh I do a lot of forearm work and always have. I think repetitive use is more likely the problem. In my RH elbow there was a specific incident while benching that started it. I might try some forearm work on different planes as in the video.

muscles cross over the elbow to maintain stability, if one muscle or group are weak (antagonist/agonist), then you lose stability of the joint.

Working all plains is smart.