• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pev0OYS.jpg

A lot of folks here would've grown up with Richie wearing the Beige, Offwhite, Bone or Cream jacket.

R.I.P. Richie.

yes, he was one of the best. Articulate, balanced and a great voice.

I actually find it very sad; the death of prominent people I grew up and admired.

Agreed Spartacus.

I felt a deep sense of grief upon hearing the sad news a few hours ago. Such a champion bloke.

A lot of folks here would've grown up with Richie wearing the Beige, Offwhite, Bone or Cream jacket.

R.I.P. Richie.

yeah , sounds good dear , lol , gotta love the 12th man

Rip to a great man and commentator cricket commentary will not be the same without you

Respekt ..

giphy.gif

It was the day Richie Benaud stood up for principle over patriotism.
As evening descended on the Melbourne Cricket Ground on February 1, 1981, Australasia was gripped by furious debate after an incident many were already describing as having changed cricket for ever.
With just one ball left to play, and New Zealand needing a six to tie the one-day international match, captain Greg Chappell ordered his brother, Trevor, to bowl the final delivery underarm.
As the ball rolled along the ground towards New Zealand batsman Brian McKechnie, the crowd erupted in disgust, booing the victorious Australian team off the field.
In his post-match wrap up for Channel Nine, Benaud defiantly stared down the barrel of the camera and excoriated the Australian team, calling it "one of the worst things I have ever seen done on a cricket field."
The former Australian Test captain reserved his sharpest words for Greg Chappell.
"Everyone around Australia will have their own ideas on that," he began. "I don't expect anyone to agree with me."
"Let me just tell you what I think about it. I think it was a disgraceful performance from a captain that got his sums wrong today, and I think it should never be permitted to happen again."

Pre-empting the excuses that would inevitably follow, Benaud continued:
"We keep reading and hearing that the players are under a lot of pressure, and that they're tired and jaded and perhaps their judgement and their skill is blunted. Perhaps they might advance that as an excuse for what happened out there today.
"Not with me they don't," he summed-up brusquely.
And with that punishing judgement, the conscience of Australian cricket wished viewers goodnight.