• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Does anyone else feel like people over-complicate bodybuilding?

Taking numerous supplements, running complicated training programs, do this do don't do this or that

Yeah i think so sometimes. Going to the gym and seeing all the Nautilus inspired machines there...

Just give me a bench, a rack a bar and some weights for gods sake lol

The more complicated / complex the more interesting it is and that's not just BB.

I think it's just the nature of the beast. There is no one set road map to follow where everyone will make identical gains. Different things work for different people. So most of us mix things up and after some trial and error, we figure out what works for us. If you didn't do that, you would probably wouldn't get far.

But yes, some people over do it, looking for shortcuts instead of sticking to core of training hard and eating well.

on one hand, adding things can help the internal drive to achieve, on the other hand, do you need it?

personally ive gone back to basics, rarely even have a protein shake.

IF you live a basic lifestyle that is;

some of us have one way or another, ended up working strange shifts, myself ive been doing 12hr nights for over 10yrs.

try keeping shit together through that. Now im doing 2x 12hrs and a 8hr day every week so everything is haphazard.

people with 9-5 don't really have excuses imo.

I was looking after two children 4 and 6 on my own I've never missed a workout, it kept me sane.
the workout was simple, tough and quick nothing has change.

so you were surrounded by happyness and that new life innocence? smells like an ideal realm for gains compared to 12hr night shifts @Silverback

so you were surrounded by happyness and that new life innocence? smells like an ideal realm for gains compared to 12hr night shifts @Silverback

What I was surrounded with in 5 years was for me extremely stressful, with being a single parent with a full time job with high responsibility, however my daughters I like to think were happy, at least time with me.

if I had my time over, I would had done things totally different, but then again if I hadn't gone through that bad time, I would not be who I am today.

it all depends on your psyche, if you appreciate what you have, and not dwell on what you don't, then life can be limitless.

if you constantly dwell on those bad things, what will life hold?

ultimately it all comes from withing yourself. only you can be either happy or grumpy or (insert whatever)