• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
Ok this is me testing the waters a bit, seeing no one here will ever meet
me.

so apparantlly people are trying to be accepting and open minded about mental health, but are they really?

I was recently diagnosed with high functioning borderline personality disorder.. and now I feel
more alone than ever. how the fuck do i go about telling people this so they can understand me better? People will aurely just think im a crazy kunce.

currently taking anti-psychotics and anti depresents and see a psychiatrist (who i found out is a fag last night, but thats another story). also going to be enroled into a 12 month program to treat people with bpd. obviously this is the first step in telling anyone.. my parents know, my ex and my best mate.. thats it.

anyone else got any shit going on?

Reactions: C_T
Good on you for putting that out there man, that's a big step. I think people are becoming more understanding of mental health issue as they become aware of them. When you tell someone that's probably the biggest hurdle you'll face - lack of awareness.

People may have assumptions about what a condition does or how sufferers are, but probably have little knowledge about how things go day to day for people with it. A lot of the time their assumptions are probably more exaggerated than the reality, but that probably has more to do with the stigma of mental health issues in general which is an whole other topic.

You're not obliged to tell everyone you meet, it's a personal thing. When you do decide to tell people make sure you aware them a bit, In general people can't help but be more understanding when they understand more about something. Especially things like this.

When you look at the figures a fairly high percentage of people will suffer from something categorised as a 'mental health issue' in their life. The people who think they are 100% on top of things 100% of the time may be the most deluded of us all. I hope you fare well with this.

Aren't personality disorders the catch all phrase. They then add an adjective to it to categorize it.

Don't worry [MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; half of us kunce would have personality disorders too.

Lol [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; "You're not obliged to tell everyone you meet".

Aren't personality disorders the catch all phrase. They then add an adjective to it to categorize it.

Don't worry @Genics; half of us kunce would have personality disorders too.

Lol @Repacked; "You're not obliged to tell everyone you meet".

I didn't mean that in an informing or condescending way, just a stating the obvious kind of way. It's personal information and isn't everyone's business unless Genics makes it so. I mean...you don't tell everyone you're flaming Lesbian when you first meet them do you? ;)

Only you, coz I'm trying to get on common ground :D

biLesbianPride61.gif

Hope you get better soon [MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION] ; feeling shithouse myself, so I sorta understand what you may be going through.
Fell free to talk freely about it without judgement, to me anyway.

Ok this is me testing the waters a bit, seeing no one here will ever meet
me.

so apparantlly people are trying to be accepting and open minded about mental health, but are they really?

I was recently diagnosed with high functioning borderline personality disorder.. and now I feel
more alone than ever. how the fuck do i go about telling people this so they can understand me better? People will aurely just think im a crazy kunce.

currently taking anti-psychotics and anti depresents and see a psychiatrist (who i found out is a fag last night, but thats another story). also going to be enroled into a 12 month program to treat people with bpd. obviously this is the first step in telling anyone.. my parents know, my ex and my best mate.. thats it.

anyone else got any shit going on?

You have your physical and non-physical dimension that makes up the whole you. “Mental health” is often the catch word in defining the psychological well-being of a person. I believe that “self-well-being” is the more appropriate term to represent the well-being of a person.

For health, success, and happiness, one needs to focus on balancing the body, the mind, the heart, and the soul. All need their own unique type of nourishment. If you have the time and the interest to look deeper into this most important of current human issues, I would suggest giving the following 5 minutes of your time to read and think about. I wish you the best. http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/counseling/articles.php?id=3

I think Talking and being open to people is a positive and brave step Genics, you may have been diagnosed but there would be many more with your symptoms that have not been diagnosed. I seem to suffer from anxiety ( not diagnosed) it is not chronic but definitely something that holds me back and something I could do without.Being a person aware of mental illnesses I come across a lot of people that I think could be suffering from a mental illness and could do with help. At the end of the day you need to do what will help you being open and accepting it as a part of you as if it was a physical illness is a positive thing to do.Accept it and survive and thrive with it as just another part of what makes you.
What I would think is a most frustrating part of mental illness is it is hard to categories the type or the level of severity of it, unlike a physical illnesses but it would be good if it was seen in the same light

Felt shit for a full year. Worried about "Worst case scenario" on a daily basis. Wrecked my life.

Yes Kaz while you are worried about the worst case scenario all the good things pass you buy.My life is full of good things you need to grab onto them while you have them crazy thing the mind.

[MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; yes but it initially did nothing.
[MENTION=15798]Clive005[/MENTION]; I grab onto all the good stuff now! Aint ever going back there lol

have been dealing with anxiety and depression for quite some time , i have it under control but every so often it flairs up again
it was brought on by family issues and personal reasons that i wont go into along with the worst case scenario stuff

i refused to take any medication as i felt like that only masked the problem and not really teach me how to deal with it , i did cognitive therapy which i found was a load of crap they pretty much said "smile and things will get better"

i channeled my focus into exercise and cycling , along with meditation and breathing work which is of great help

Yeah I get anxiety something chronic from time to time man, it comes and goes but on bad days I am just thankful I can just head to the gym to release it all. Working out is great for diffusing stress! Or any exercise really, just get outside and do something. Worst thing is staying home pondering what and why.

And noot the fuck up! My latest discoveries are:
1g Aniracetam + 15mg Noopept = Boom! Anxiety vanished within the hour, greater resilience, increased sociability.
250mg Acetyl Tyrosine + 200mg L-Theanine the moment I wake up = Mental clarity and motivation from the get go without the jittery effects of stimulants such as caffeine.

Supplements that have helped immensely:
- Ashwagandha: Reduces stress and anxiety, feel calm and motivated instead. Love it.
- Urdine + Fish Oil: As a pro serotonin and dopamine combo no wonder why some call this the happy stack. Add piracetam and CDP Choline for even greater potentiation.

And as others said being able to talk freely about it with trusted friends and family is essential. Just check that its a judgement free zone and that there is low risk of them taking the piss out of you after a few too many stellas.

Yeah SSRI and MAOI based medication that the docs and psychs insist can go get farked!!.. Might as well neck an eccy lol, its a whole lot more fun then taking those soul muting and manic inducing poison beans!

took citalopram for a few years in my mid 20s, know what u mean about soul numbing..

on zoloft this time in a lower dose, seems better.

the anti psychotic im taking is seroquel.. its great for anxiety and negative/suicidal thoughts etc when used in sub psychotic doses. i take 50mg at night and pretty peaceful for a couple of hours then pass out, sleep like a fuking log and have the most wicket dreams. people with bipolar and schizophrenia take several 100mg.. cant even imagine that.. would be a fucking drooling mess for days. been on it since the split with mrs, probably saved my life.

You didn't get diagnosed with this current condition right after some shit with your Ex did you @Genics;

Women do fuck with your mental health, and do so deliberately. They try to use it as a "weapon" (psychological violence).

sorry to hear genics, but be careful not to just become apart of the "system"

these doctors make money off your visits, so a diagnosis is in their favour! Alot are over-diagnosed for this reason.

And now you enrolled in 12 months of things, even more cash to the "system", not to mention the meds you'll be taking.

Be extremely careful combining Zoloft and cocaine.
Seroquel is also a nasty one, as it will slowly dumb you down so much without you noticing, all your creativity and other things that make you, you, will start to diminish.

Good luck, and i'd suggesting getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion imo.

ps. This could all be low testosterone from juicing. Hormones affect the mind ALOT more than people give credit. I would get full hormone bloods done.