• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

I got my xrays for back, and it helps explain why I can never get an arch at start of clean or deadlift. I remember years ago m weightlifting coach saying I needed to get more of an arch, but things have obviously got worse.

Chiro report:

Lumbar spine is very flat. The shape of your pelvis (angle of pelvic incidence) is textbook normal and predicts a lumbar curve angle of 40degrees, 30 degrees or less is a risk factor for low back pain - yours is 23degrees. You have some loss of disc height at L2/3 and L5/S1 - possibly the source of current pain. You have no thoracic translation (meaning your shoulders sit straight over your hips, which is good). I can give you a specially designed foam cast for increasing the lumbar curve which should help pain, improve flexibility and slow wear and tear. Any exercise that encourages you to stick butt out and arch low back may help...

Your thoracic spine is all good - no spurs or loss of disc height.

Cervical spine has mild reduction of curve, but a lot of forward head posture (42mm) this has caused some wear and tear (disc loss and bone spurs) at C5/6 and C6/7, not bone on bone - we need to train you to carry head upright over shoulders to prevent this getting worse, which would lead to neck stiffness and possible pain and nerve interference down to hands in years to come.

I sat up straight immediately as I was reading this post, picturing how my bad posture is gnashing away at my cervical spine, and flexed my abs hard to support my hard working lumbar spine.

If you roll your back out on a big black rumble roller, performing full thoracic and lumbar extensions on it while keeping your arse firmly planted on the floor that should keep flexibility at bay. But don't do spinal twists with your hips rooted on the ground (ie sitting on the floor) - think mortar and pestle on your discs now that should be enough to make you cringe lol.