• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Channel 9 just said Dank "can no longer work in Australian Sport".

All of Australian Sport??? Wow.

Would you really want him applying some "cutting edge science" to your team? I would have thought his name would be mud now regardless of the outcome but then again, some teams may be desperate enough

Would you really want him applying some "cutting edge science" to your team? I would have thought his name would be mud now regardless of the outcome but then again, some teams may be desperate enough

i guess the question is , who did he give cutting edge science to ? considering that essedon was found not guilty with insuffience evidence

Yeah but would you risk putting your team thru what Essendon have been thru even if he claims it's all above board? Could you trust the guy?

i guess the question is , who did he give cutting edge science to ? considering that essedon was found not guilty with insuffience evidence
of course there was not enough evidence for a guilty verdict coz as soon as essendon self reported or most likely before teh shredders wouod have been working over time and the computers and hard drives destroyed.

This is a bit like the court deciding that a bank robbery never happened, but someone getting nabbed for being the driver.

34 Essendon players gone for 12 months. Jobe Watson's 2012 Brownlow in jeopardy.

AFL clears AFL - talk about a breach of Natural Justice!!!!

They could make a reality show in the next couple monnths, search for some essendon footy players.

Last edited:
12 current essondon players. 5 elsewhere.

You in Pre Season training Baz? Might get a run for the Bombers. They are saying Essendon will have to make an "emergency submission" to the AFL to have their Player Roster extended so they can field a team all season.

You in Pre Season training Baz? Might get a run for the Bombers. They are saying Essendon will have to make an "emergency submission" to the AFL to have their Player Roster extended so they can field a team all season.

Yeah pre season. I can't go 5 seconds without an injury playing up, I need the shit the bombers were on.

Bombers gone for another season.
I don't understand how they can say it's a 2 year ban when they still let them play during that time? Sympathy vote?
Bit rough if they're told to use something that is above board when it's not

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...yers-to-miss-season-2016-20160107-gm18nq.html

"The doping control forms that were not signed fully by the players really counted against them,” he said.
“CAS viewed it as almost subterfuge by the players in terms of being part of a group that decided ‘we’re going to keep this a big secret’. That really didn’t help their argument that they were innocent.
“CAS took a view that it doesn’t matter if you’re an individual cyclist or a professional football player, but as an individual athlete and as an adult that’s been through comprehensive anti-doping training, CAS took a view that you have an obligation to ask. You can’t say, well the club just told me. The obligation falls with you.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/re...t/news-story/206f444863fbb772741002d0c02888f9

Individual athletes are always responsible for their test results. Just a bit of a problem in a team sport where pressure to "go along" is always present.

i dont understand why this is a big surprise to everyone, there has been so much news about it for the past 3yrs, and basically at every step either Essendon or the players have been found guilty or some sort of violation, now they are actually suspended its a big surprise???

They'll have to cop the ban on the chin but I reckon a lot will sue the club. Especially the ones that have moved on, which is well over half. The 12 that are still there may feel some pressure about it but the ones that are no longer there will go for the throat.

So do the players still playing get paid for the 12 months off. If so what a win, 12 months off work and full pay. The club can't really not pay them since they made them take it.

Last edited:
So do the players still playing get paid for the 12 months off. If so what a win, 12 months off work and full pay. The club can't really not pay them since they made them take it.

The Australian says they are unsure if the Ban allows the Players to still be paid during their ban. Probably shouldn't be I suppose, although the Club probably will if they can?

Come back injury free next season after 9 months on the Gear at an undisclosed location lol.

The Australian says they are unsure if the Ban allows the Players to still be paid during their ban. Probably shouldn't be I suppose, although the Club probably will if they can?

Come back injury free next season after 9 months on the Gear at an undisclosed location lol.

I'm sure if they are allowed to be paid they will because there will be legal action towards the club if they lose a year of pay.

No doubt they will still be drug tested in that time though.