• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Damn, i was really hoping to see 34 players suspended for season.

So was I Wingers, so was I.......

In saying this and from what I know and have read, I do think that the right decision was made, due to the complete lack of documentation and evidence or what has happened I don't think that can give infractions to individual players as they cant be 100% certain what each player was given, they may know that they received illegal substances they just cant prove each player or which players were given these substances, therefore the club needs to be punished as a whole which they already have been but individual players need to be let off on this technicality.

Were peptides banned for performance enhancement at the time of the alleged injections?
I've spoken to Steve dank a few times since the peptides scandal broke, he stuck to his guns, that's for sure. It's not over tho. A lot more will come out in the wash

Were peptides banned for performance enhancement at the time of the alleged injections?
I've spoken to Steve dank a few times since the peptides scandal broke, he stuck to his guns, that's for sure. It's not over tho. A lot more will come out in the wash

Interesting.

Let's just consider this.

At the end of the day, I believe that "the weapons" methods of S&C did a lot more harm to the players than any needle might have done, IMO some of the regimes that supposed experts put athletes through are downright criminal.

It was a massive beat up. 'The darkest day in Australian sport' was a thinly veiled attempt by the govt to get Craig Thomson off the front page.
There was never a positive drug test returned. It was a headline grab based on no proof at all. There was talk of organised crime, massive culture of illegal substances and PEDs & none of it was proven.

Last edited:
AFL statement here: Full statement from the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal - AFL.com.au
Copy Paste:
The Tribunal today handed down its decision, which was unanimous, and reasons for the decision with respect to the alleged violation by 34 players of the AFL Anti-Doping Code.
The Tribunal was comfortably satisfied that the substance Thymosin Beta-4 was at the relevant time a prohibited substance under the Code.
The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player was administered Thymosin Beta-4.
The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player violated clause 11.2 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code.
The Tribunal’s decision in relation to the violations under the Code alleged against a former Essendon support person will be handed down at a later date, together with reasons for that decision.
The Tribunal’s decision and reasons have been provided to the parties in accordance with the function performed by the Tribunal. That function does not include the provision of the decision and reasons to other persons. Any publication of the Tribunal’s decision and reasons is a matter for the parties.
11.2 of the AFL code:
11.2 Use or Attempted Use by a Player of a Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited Method.9 (a) It is each Player’s personal duty to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters his body. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, fault, negligence or knowing Use on the Player’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an Anti Doping Rule Violation for Use of a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method. (b) The success or failure of the Use or Attempted Use of a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method is not material. It is sufficient that the Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method was Used or Attempted to be Used for an Anti Doping Rule Violation to be committed.10
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule%206%20-%20National%20Anti-Doping%20Code.pdf

It was a massive beat up. 'The darkest day in Australian sport' was a thinly veiled attempt by the govt to get Craig Thomson off the front page.
There was never a positive drug test returned. It was a headline grab based on no proof at all. There was talk of organised crime, massive culture of illegal substances and PEDs & none of it was proven.

A massive beat up???????????

Essendon don't even know what the players were injected with and Dank won't tell anyone. Secondly, Dank supplied that Canberra player with peptides and theres other evidence as well. Sounds like ASADA are just waiting for some one to talk. They know they are guilty, they are just waiting.

With regard to Peptides being legal or not, theres a "catch all phrase" in the WADA/ASADA rules which does prohibit peptides, even back then apparently.

What about the Cronulla players, all plead guilty and took the bans.

Essendon don't even know what the players were injected with
You seriously believe that?

You seriously believe that of Hird, all the assistant coaches, the physios, the club president and the board, not one person knew? Tens of millions of dollars involved, and nobody knew?

You seriously believe that?

You seriously believe that of Hird, all the assistant coaches, the physios, the club president and the board, not one person knew? Tens of millions of dollars involved, and nobody knew?

Hird probably knows it was Peptides. Hird was best mates with Dank's peptide supplier Shane Charter during his playing career wasn't he.

Makes you wonder what Hird was on during his career.

of course someone knew and knows, just they now have short memories and all paper evidence has been destroyed......

Come on T, everytime a celebrity or someone gets bad press, even if its true, they run out and claim "I'm gunna sue, I'm gunna sue" as further bullshit P.R. to make them look good when in actual reality they are as guilty as sin.

Ask Danky Dank why he won't tell anyone what the injections were. Pretty straight forward if you're innocent.

Cronulla players plead guilty, being Danky's clients. Sandor Earl plead guilty and spilled the beans on Dank. Didn't Shane Charter spill the beans on Dank?

if Dank takes matter to court, big 'if' though, all will be revealed in detail.

He could only really go to court if he was thought he could win,

Then again, Hird thought he would win and los a considerable amount of dosh.

"Stephen Dank handed lifetime ban by AFL anti-doping tribunal
Stephen Dank has been banned from the AFL for life. But the man sitting at a table with him when he heard the news, veteran sport journalist Mike Sheahan, said he was not visibly distressed by the decision.The Melbourne biochemist became notorious for his involvement in Essendon Football Club's 2012 supplements program.
The AFL's anti-doping authority on Friday announced its decision to hand Dank a lifetime sanction from the sport, effective immediately ..........WADA will also appeal the tribunal's decision to drop 21 more charges against Dank, so the matter is far from over for him."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...-afl-antidoping-tribunal-20150626-ghyivz.html

Last edited:
How does that look for the players now.

Is wada still after them.

"The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal found the 34 past and present Bombers players at the centre of the matter not guilty of doping, citing insufficient evidence to hold up the charges against them.But the World Anti-Doping Authority has since announced it would appeal the decision."

"The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal found the 34 past and present Bombers players at the centre of the matter not guilty of doping, citing insufficient evidence to hold up the charges against them.But the World Anti-Doping Authority has since announced it would appeal the decision."

Yeah I knew the afl found the afl players not guilty. Haha. No conflict of interest there?

I would think wada are keen to roll some heads.