• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

logan

Can I get some input on this routine doing this as a/b program 4 times a week no squats or dead lifts bad hip/ lower back

Leg press3x8
Sldl3x8
Calves raise leg press3x12
Ohp3x6
Db side raise3x10
Rear Flys3x10
Cgp3x6

Bench3x6
Incline db press3x8
BB rows3x8
Rack pulls3x8
Chins3xmax
BB shrugs3x8
Ezcurl3x10

Can I get some input on this routine doing this as a/b program 4 times a week no squats or dead lifts bad hip/ lower back

Leg press3x8
Sldl3x8
Calves raise leg press3x12
Ohp3x6
Db side raise3x10
Rear Flys3x10
Cgp3x6

Bench3x6
Incline db press3x8
BB rows3x8
Rack pulls3x8
Chins3xmax
BB shrugs3x8
Ezcurl3x10
I don't like it. Either do Upper / Lower or full body if you don't want to go down the bro BB split bodypart routine.

Whats wrong with your hips/lower back? Can you rehab it and get back to more compounds? That program looks all over the shop, what is that a full body routine or something.

Whats wrong with your hips/lower back? Can you rehab it and get back to more compounds? That program looks all over the shop, what is that a full body routine or something.

I hurt my hip a few years back doing deadlifts dam 531 all out sets it's gotten a lot better but now when I squat down and lean forward I get pain at the front of my hips I did get X rays a few ninth back doc said was all fine and was most likely soft tissue damage

I hurt my hip a few years back doing deadlifts dam 531 all out sets it's gotten a lot better but now when I squat down and lean forward I get pain at the front of my hips I did get X rays a few ninth back doc said was all fine and was most likely soft tissue damage

That's good in that its only soft tissue damage! That should be fixable with the help of a good sports physio plus rehab. Why not incorporate that into your program. Work on mobility with the goal of being able to squat down pain free then slowly add weight again. I mean, those are pretty good numbers you had in your total. Exercise selection should address weakness(es) where possible, not to evade it?

That's good in that its only soft tissue damage! That should be fixable with the help of a good sports physio plus rehab. Why not incorporate that into your program. Work on mobility with the goal of being able to squat down pain free then slowly add weight again. I mean, those are pretty good numbers you had in your total. Exercise selection should address weakness(es) where possible, not to evade it?

I'll offer a conservative opinion and say it could be worth finding out more about your injuries before worrying about squatting and deadlifting. Soft tissue with no blood supply (e.g. a torn labrum) isn't going to fix itself.

Fark man, you sound just like me. Diagnosed with a torn labrum in the hip from FAI and also have clavicle osteolysis. Makes exercise choices a lot harder!

I personally prefer an upper lower split. As I can still deadlift I use a variation of that as the heavy exercise each lower sessions. This is mine

Lower:
pause deadlift 5x3 sets
sumo block pulls 8x3
leg press 20x3
leg ext
leg curl
calves

Upper
incline bench 12x3 sets
chin-ups reverse pyramid 3 sets
row variation 3 sets
reverse flys 3 sets
curls and triceps

Upper B
incline bench 5x5 sets
chin-ups reverse pyramid 3 sets
row variation 3 sets
curls and triceps

Lower B
deficit deadlift (linear progression, this will be from the floor when it gets heavier)
row variation x2 (10 sets)
curls
(sometimes some extra quad/ham work if I'm up to it)

Shoulder doesn't allow flat bench, OHP, lateral raises so I'm limited there. Hips can't go to 90deg flexion with load without pain so I use leg press with a slightly lower ROM. Also, chuck in some prowler work for quads from time to time.

Hope that helps.

I find if they're any wider than shoulder width they tax your shoulders real bad. Most of the fixed ones are too wide for me.

Yeah, either feet on the ground or on another bench with a plate on your lap