• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Don't wear gloves doing deadlifts man... honestly I have not seen any guy do this unless they are in a body pump class. Use chalk.

Check that the bar is on the crease of your hand where the fingers join the palm. Not solely on the hand, and certainly not solely on the fingers.

After 2 weeks your hands will grow more skin (callouses) to protect those princessy nerves hiding underneath. Use a nail filer to sand down unruly callouses. Your grip will get stronger and will develop a decent handshake. Gloves prevent all of these things happening.

One way to sort calluses (pic isn't mine FYI)

View attachment 11073

1096.gif

Weeing on your hands in the shower apparently works as raved on about by crossfitters. Google it if you don't believe me.

farkin what?!

Gloves make gripping the bar harder. Use chalk. (and don't use shit bars with no knurling)