• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Here you go Fadi.

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2014/08/evolutionary_st088461.html

My personal belief is that humans have a natural curiosity to understand how things work. When faced with observations that we can not comprehend we make up things to so that they align to our ideas.

This is why pilots sometimes fly into the ground. They reject the information given to them by their instruments and instead rely on their own beliefs.

eg http://australianaviation.com.au/20...coal-facility-in-newcastle-as-runway-in-2012/

My last question to you was this:

Just so I'm not arguing from silence here Legion, would you mind telling me exactly what your belief is? For example, the American contemporary philosopher and professor of philosophy Quentin Smith believes that ‘the most reasonable belief is that we came from nothing, by nothing, and for nothing’. Is that what you believe or do you believe in something else/or hold a different point of view from Quentin?

Your reply today was the following:

Here you go Fadi.

My personal belief is that humans have a natural curiosity to understand how things work. When faced with observations that we can not comprehend we make up things to so that they align to our ideas.
So instead of actually answering my question, you went about telling me why we make up things to fit in with our line of thought basically.

This is why pilots sometimes fly into the ground. They reject the information given to them by their instruments and instead rely on their own beliefs.
I do know how to fly and it's my number one hobby. The article you presented me began by saying the following:
Two Regional Express (Rex) pilots flying from Sydney to Newcastle began preparations to land on a coal facility after struggling to locate Williamtown Airport in dark conditions.
Note the descriptive terms here of the situation, that being "dark", and that they were in a state of "struggling". This hardly compares with someone willingly and through intellectual reasoning becoming a believer in God, or if not God, someone behind what the eyes can see and what our senses can experience. We're not talking about someone believing under duress, or a state of struggle and panic etc. here Legion.

When faced with observations that we can not comprehend...
Are you suggesting that apart from the scientific method, (or in addition to it), there is no other method one can rely on to arrive at a reasonable conclusion? Are you a materialist? By that I mean do you argue that everything, including energy and consciousness is reducible to matter?

Nearly everything is reducible to matter. And the things that aren't (eg love or happiness) are unrelated to a higher being. Keep thanking your imaginary friend, much like Santa for the presents when it was your parents the whole time

So instead of actually answering my question, you went about telling me why we make up things to fit in with our line of thought basically.

I do know how to fly and it's my number one hobby. The article you presented me began by saying the following: Note the descriptive terms here of the situation, that being "dark", and that they were in a state of "struggling". This hardly compares with someone willingly and through intellectual reasoning becoming a believer in God, or if not God, someone behind what the eyes can see and what our senses can experience. We're not talking about someone believing under duress, or a state of struggle and panic etc. here Legion.

Are you suggesting that apart from the scientific method, (or in addition to it), there is no other method one can rely on to arrive at a reasonable conclusion? Are you a materialist? By that I mean do you argue that everything, including energy and consciousness is reducible to matter?

Its low light visual approach. Given conflicting information they chose the one that fit their belief. Just like you're doing now. If you had evidence you'd give it. Instead you talk of frogs in wells.

The scientific method is a method. To reach a conclusion you could use deductive reasoning or inductive reasoning. But you can't use either to prove the existence of god. If you could you would.... right?

Am I a materialist? I don't believe in the imaginary if that's what you mean.

Its low light visual approach. Given conflicting information they chose the one that fit their belief. Just like you're doing now. If you had evidence you'd give it. Instead you talk of frogs in wells.

The scientific method is a method. To reach a conclusion you could use deductive reasoning or inductive reasoning. But you can't use either to prove the existence of god. If you could you would.... right?

Am I a materialist? I don't believe in the imaginary if that's what you mean.

I too like to sit up at 1am debating religion on a Sunday morning.

Is this what your god does when you need help?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1ba8CRz.jpg
    1ba8CRz.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 37