• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

"Metaphysical thought processes are more deeply wired than hitherto suspected. WHILE MILITANT ATHEISTS like Richard Dawkins may be convinced God doesn’t exist, God, if he is around, may be amused to find that atheists might not exist."

http://www.charismanews.com/world/44633-scientists-atheists-may-not-exist-seriously

It's a bit funny how we're now beginning to have discussions by secular scientists, about whether a human being can truly be an atheist or not. Theists throughout the ages have maintained that to believe in a higher power is part and parcel of the human intuitive nature. Call it that gut feeling call it what you will, it's a feeling that seems to be intrinsically built, directing us all to question our source of existence and the existence of all that surrounds us.

I see no difference between an atheist whose aim is to discredit a theist's belief; calling him silly for believing in some "imaginary" God and passing judgment upon his "lack of reason, logic, and intellectual faculties", and a theist trying to ram his faith down an atheist's throat, passing judgment upon him and (possibly) condemning him to hell fire. Both are as bad as each other in my opinion and deserve whatever the other one dishes out!

I know well how it feels to be agnostic, and I also know very well how it feels to have "religious" zealous talk down to you and more often than not judge your behaviour as if they were God Himself! All I saw back then was a bunch of judgmental hypocrites.

With the age of the internet and social media, I see that both sides have supporters who are seriously deserving of each other's disrespect and all out profanities. I find myself extremely disappointed with both sides who in my opinion, have failed miserably as meaningful representatives of whatever it is they believe in, not to mention a serious waste of that precious gift we human posses, a gift that separates us from all other creatures; the human intellect.

I'm an atheist, its just a logic thing for me.
I dont have (or need) any imaginary friends.
I think its a 'cop out' when people pray for a solution to their problems, be they relationship, financial, employment, medical related. Take ownership and accountability of yourself, perhaps combined with sprinkle of optimism.

I think, therefore i am.

I'm an atheist, its just a logic thing for me.
I dont have (or need) any imaginary friends.
I think its a 'cop out' when people pray for a solution to their problems, be they relationship, financial, employment, medical related. Take ownership and accountability of yourself, perhaps combined with sprinkle of optimism.

I think, therefore i am.
I think its a 'cop out' when people pray for a solution to their problems
I respect the fact you call yourself an atheist, but why not accept the fact that the person whom you're judging to have a "cop out" type of an attitude, in fact finds comfort in his prayer.

Now I fully agree with you if..., if that believer sits on his laurels, prays all day and all night hoping for some sort of miracle to come down to solve all his problems. There's no argument that one must strive and struggle throughout life, and through all the adversatives one is met with, one gains personal growth. Each one of us finds his or her own comfort in their own different ways. Now as long as no harm is brought onto others because of that, why not show respect and let it be.

Perhaps what I'm calling for is mutual respect. Please tell me if that is too much to ask. Thank you.

Last edited:
There is a lot to be said about meditation and its positive effects on anxiety and depression relief.

There is a lot to be said about meditation and its positive effects on anxiety and depression relief.
Human nature is human nature, it's not selective. By that I mean, if and when anxiety and/or depression hit, they do not hit a certain group of people over another. Every human at one time or another in their life goes through some rough patches that they must overcome, or as some unfortunate ones, end up succumbing to those rough patches. Now logic would have you think/believe that the so called third world countries' people would be much more vulnerable to such adversities in life, and therefore would be in a worse off position to deal with such adversities than (say) someone from a 1st world country like ours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Perhaps prayer to a higher source when all else (from a human source) fails to provide comfort, solace, and peace, is not a "cop out" after all.

Knowledge, choice, responsibility and accountability. Regardless of belief system. If you are denying or deflecting any of these, you are abusing your position, wasting your potential, and not worth the conversation.

When your beliefs become your crutch, stop you or others progressing, impinge on someones choice or freewill, and are an avenue to manipulate or control - that's a cop out.

Knowledge, choice, responsibility and accountability. Regardless of belief system. If you are denying or deflecting any of these, you are abusing your position, wasting your potential, and not worth the conversation.

When your beliefs become your crutch, stop you or others progressing, impinge on someones choice or freewill, and are an avenue to manipulate or control - that's a cop out.

100% Agree.

100% Agree.

Even more so than that, i for one have faith... faith in my own two hands, my abilities, and those around me who also have the same 'faith'.

Scientists' trained minds go beyond faith, they know their knowledge and procedures are 100% correct through trial and error. IMO it's that certainty in clearly knowing how to deal with the unknowns that has lead to modern society.

Additionally, i think militant atheists who ONLY criticise theists are themselves selling their intellect short and is very much a 'he said she said' argument. As mentioned above, don't let opinion or faith cloud your judgement or abilities.

Last edited:
They both have their place, one attempts to answer how while the other the why and both are just as stubborn.

but yes I agree, science is the new religion

while i don't like the brainwashing religion uses... there is something for traditions.

and i wish aussie family's had more traditions, like i see in my italian friends family's and other nationalities.

I used to be an atheist then I was bashed to within an inch of my life one night. I found God, I remember the exact moment all that religion cam flooding back to me a few seconds after I regained consciousness in a hospital bed in the emergency ward.

I have since lost my religion a few times but always find it when the chips are down. Once you've had the epiphany you stop fighting so hard.

An atheist is just a man who hasn't found his God because he has lead a life of privilidge and has never truly been challenged, I pity those men.

psychedelics are a safer way to explore those extremes [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION] ;

if anyone here has really explored ego death, its a way to pretty much simulate a life-death experience and really learn about yourself looking from the outside in.

much like meditation but on steroids. so to speak.

Pretty much followers of both take on faith what they read and hear.

Science is ever evolving and self correcting in search of the answer.

Religion goes on blindness faith and sticks to its answer despite all evidence.

Totally different.

Calling science a religion shows you don't know what science or religion is.