• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How come you get to go to that but i didn't hear a fucking thing about that convention until the damn thing was on!!!!!!!!!!

I would have heard nothing either except a Trekkie friend of mine alerted me to it.
I also met Walter Koenig (Checkov) and missed out on Nichelle Nichols as we waited 2 hours for her but she was taken ill :(

I saw James Marsters from BtVS too :) oh and Dolf Lundgren and Christopher Lloyd!

But Supernova is crap .. Comic Con is better. They had good people there but poorly organised. It seems mostly aimed at the very young anime fans.

Just because we cannot envisage or see the world of the Barzakh, (that’s a subject for another time), does not mean that it does not exist.

Why do you say that Andy?

[FONT=&quot]“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.[/FONT]

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.
What type of evidence are you seeking? Tangible or intangible? How about natural or supernatural? Perhaps physical and metaphysical? Or empirical and philosophical? Are you all that I can see, touch, and feel? If so, prove it to me using evidence based on tangible, natural, physical, and empirical data.

Our existence is not an either or but both. In other words reality as we know it and experience it on a daily basis, would be too simplistic and an incomplete reality, (not to mention counterproductive and delusional) of an idea to believe in and restrict one's self to.

What drove you, motivated you, inspired you to make your comment in this thread? Was it something I can test in a lab using a scientific method, or was is something beyond that? What do you think of applying intellectual reasoning (coupled with scientific evidence) to arrive at a particular point in our understanding of the unseen? Or would you rather you restrict yourself to a method of either or instead?

Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited:
You completely missed the point of the post.

You are making assertions without any evidence. It's not my role to prove you wrong. It is your responsibility to prove that you are right. There is no way I could have the time or indeed the effort to spend disproving every imagined loony idea that comes into some crazy persons head. But that is actually what you are trying to do.

Indeed your logic can just as well be applied to the claims of Scientology. Now I know they might be right, but at this time I see them as somewhat nutty and dangerous. They have as equally valid argument as you make. I can't prove them wrong either. But I note that you can't both be right so one of you is wrong.

If you want to prove it to me then just provide some simple evidence. I will not bind you to a method of my determination. You pick, it just needs to be logical, observable.

You throw up a lot of words and use them as if there are fact when I would say they are fiction. Given you were poking fun at the Atheist why not prove to me that your single god exists.

My motivation was your post and the article that you linked. I thought it was funny.

You are making assertions without any evidence. It's not my role to prove you wrong. It is your responsibility to prove that you are right. There is no way I could have the time or indeed the effort to spend disproving every imagined loony idea that comes into some crazy persons head. But that is actually what you are trying to do.

Indeed your logic can just as well be applied to the claims of Scientology. Now I know they might be right, but at this time I see them as somewhat nutty and dangerous. They have as equally valid argument as you make. I can't prove them wrong either. But I note that you can't both be right so one of you is wrong.

If you want to prove it to me then just provide some simple evidence. I will not bind you to a method of my determination. You pick, it just needs to be logical, observable.

You throw up a lot of words and use them as if there are fact when I would say they are fiction. Given you were poking fun at the Atheist why not prove to me that your single god exists.

My motivation was your post and the article that you linked. I thought it was funny.

Good points but don't expect any logical proof.

The proof is on the religion to prove its legitimacy. So far I haven't seen anything.

In fact I was thinking the same exact thing of your post.
You are making assertions without any evidence
And the thrust of my post was based on this word "evidence" that you have used. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, and might as well copy paste what I have already written earlier on in this thread.
You pick, it just needs to be logical, observable.
So (again) I find myself asking, what type of evidence are you after, physical evidence for the metaphysical? Can't you see how illogical that sounds?

...why not prove to me that your single god exists.
Point for me your great
great great (x20 or so) grandmother...., can you see her, any observable evidence of her ever having existed?

Look, strict followers of scientism, empiricism and materialism hold that there is nothing real beyond matter and observed phenomena. They argue that everything, including energy and consciousness is reducible to matter. It appears to me based on your request, that you also believe the same. In which case I ask you to ponder over what quantum physics has undeniably demonstrated in that all observable phenomena require a force or consciousness other than matter in order to be observed. I have already alluded to this fact earlier in this thread by the way.

Last edited:
How deep of you fadi.

Im interested in how far you can convince yourself of some make believe evidence for religion.
You seem to be interested in many things barry. You seem bored, are you?

Does it bother you that I believe what I believe barry?

Last edited:
Religion is a belief, it doesn't require evidence. The belief in a god or saviour that represents morales that you can tailor to your life. You believe in a figurehead who can guide you through the sometimes treacherous journey of life.

I once considered myself an atheist, but I find that an almost antagonist term, just as I sometimes find Christian or Catholic, etc antagonist is some circumstances. I don't label what I believe in, I believe in myself. It's been me who has gotten through my problems without belief.

I come one from a strong Christian family, and no doubt I've seen my family suffer and suffer despite their belief. But maybe it's because of that belief they are still alive and functioning today?

So no evidence then.
I have the same evidence for God as you would have for your great grandmother ever existing. It's based on intellectual reasoning. Do you have any evidence for your great great (x100) grandmother ever having lived on earth? Any observable evidence you can show me?

Why? You're saying your god exists now. I have evidence of someone who did exist and doesn't anymore.