• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
"If you reward the right guys, then everyone would be training to have a beautiful body again...." This in contrast to having bodybuilders with distended stomachs winning shows etc.

I'd take it a step further by saying that you, (as a competing bodybuilder) will be penalised if you come in under 10% body fat on the day of the competition! By doing that, I would achieve one extremely crucial element, whilst the other leaning more towards looks etc.

The first and most important factor, the one relating to the body fat percentage would serve to ensure a better health and wellbeing of that competitive bodybuilder,which ought to be paramount above and beyond any other element in our sport. Mohammad Benaziza (the giant killer of the 80s) collapsed and died after winning and beating Lee Haney in one of the grand prix, due to diuretics...all in the name of looking super dry with paper thin vascular looking skin. At 10% body fat (a place I've been before), would allow the bodybuilder to have all the striation he wants, without plunging him into the danger zone, a zone requiring not just some great effort in the gym and outside it, but also requiring the resorting to some fat burning drugs etc.

Mohammed-Benaziza-5_sized.jpg

There was nothing wrong with the 70s and early 80s look of a bodybuilder.

arnold-schwarzenegger-9a.jpg

dorian-yates-bodybuilder.jpg

And if some of you say yeh, but those bodybuilders had less than 10% body fat, my reply to you would be to have a bodybuilder's look that belongs somewhere post competition look, where muscles are fuller looking, adding to the massiveness of that bodybuilder in question, rather than one with an emaciated looking face resembling some starvation concentration camp of some sort!

Dorian%20Yates01.jpg