• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

'Stop all sugar'

I'm actually surprised there were some actual good replies in the comments.

Last edited:
here's mine:

This is hilarious!

Lets break it down some:

"weight loss" - Tied directly to calories in Vs Calories out. Simple. Expend more energy than you take in and you will lose weight.

'less tooth decay' In non flourided water areas, and then only if you consume huge amounts of sugar.

'healthier heart' There are so many ways to have a healthy heart; don't constantly run marathons, exercise daily in moderation, eat less cholesterol, genetics, eating good foods etc

'and fewer "crashes" ' Right.

And to the poster above who now only eats 'raw sugar', that is a falacy since refined sugar is always produced first then has molasses added to it to make it 'raw'. Raw sugar contains more calories per gram than refined/white sugar.

Tied directly to the fact that sugar is quite dense in energy, but is less so than nuts, butter and of course oils. There is less energy in 100 grams of sugar than 100 grams of chocolate.

'Breakfast bars' are rich in sugar to give you that morning energy burst. As with sugar in kids cereals.

I think those who have 'cut out sugar' are not encountering the need to need to consume sugar in the first place; for the energy demand their body needs.

Not sure if this comment is trolling.

I switched from the "white stuff" to the "brown stuff" years ago and I'm bloody lovin' it. Raw sugar's clearly the way to go!

teamamericavomit.gif

I heard placenta tastes like pork tripe smeared with fermented tofu paste. What a supreme delicacy!

I bet Sarah Wilson uses it as lube though.

Has anyone read the article??

I am guessing by the comments here probably not.

All she is saying eat sugar in moderation and reduce intake of overly processed food with a lot of added sugar, with whole unprocessed stuff that has not had any additional sugars added, ie enjoy stuff in moderation.

Not sure how that attracts the comments made here??

Isn't that what most people here do anyway?? Isn't that what most overweight people fail to do??

Regardless of her 'qualifications' or possible lack there of, the approach seems common sense and probably something most people should adhere to anyway.

Last edited:
Has anyone read the article??

I am guessing by the comments here probably not.

All she is saying eat sugar in moderation and reduce intake of overly processed food with a lot of added sugar, with whole unprocessed stuff that has not had any additional sugars agged, ie enjoy stuff in moderation.

Not sure how that attracts the comments made here??

Isn't that what most people here do anyway, and isn't that what most overweight people fail to do??

Regardless of her 'qualifications' or possible lack there of, the approach seems common sense and probably something most people should adhere to anyway.

Yeah read it. Sugar isn't addictive and it isn't a poison and isn't the reason why we have so many fat people.

Yeah read it. Sugar isn't addictive and it isn't a poison and isn't the reason why we have so many fat people.

So an article advising the general public who have little understanding about nutrition to avoid filling up on empty calories and eat stuff like proteins and fats, which filling and of more use to the human body is bad advice???

Pretty sure sugar and the over consumption of it has contributed to a lot of fat people being fat, drinking a couple of litres of coke/energy drinks and filling up on Mars bars and bags of lollies and snakes has never caused anyone to put on weight.

How is saying to reduce the intake of excess processed white sugar from excessive to a moderate intake going from one extreme to the other??

What I'm saying, my dear dumb bag of hair, is as a society, we jump off one bandwagon onto another, we acknowledge sugar is not too good for us, so we go stupid and go to the extreme, wanting quick results.

like you and your crusade with supplements, you went from one extreme to the next, I remember challenging you about your use, and received the same typical reaction.

you're a funny fellow Micky

So an article advising the general public who have little understanding about nutrition to avoid filling up on empty calories and eat stuff like proteins and fats, which filling and of more use to the human body is bad advice???

Pretty sure sugar and the over consumption of it has contributed to a lot of fat people being fat, drinking a couple of litres of coke/energy drinks and filling up on Mars bars and bags of lollies and snakes has never caused anyone to put on weight.

It's a vicious cycle, and not that simple hair boy.

A lot of these people are sedentary, the clear instruction should be "get up and move"

The best way to do it is by weight training, but as usual even this amazingly simple activity is made complicated by idiots.

So you think giving the public who are uneducated in regards to diet even more incorrect diet advise is the way to go? Interesting.

I think the problem is that it's giving the correct advice, but for the wrong reasons.

Even though the general public may not understand how sugar effects health, I guess the ends justify the means if they are consuming less.

So you think giving the public who are uneducated in regards to diet even more incorrect diet advise is the way to go? Interesting.

Please explain how not consuming excess sugar (there for most likely excess calories) and having it in moderation is bad advise???

Isn't this exactly what you always preach, have what ever you like but do so in moderation, so here is an article that agrees with what you have been preaching here for years and now all of a sudden you say it's bad diet advice:p FML:p

Last edited: