• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Look like you lift with Rhino and Mark Bell

That barbell curl looks fairly weird. Decent explanation of movements, DB rows with the j compared to straight up and down movement I haven't tried before but will

Makes sense. The body wants to do that IMO - how often will someone get sore when following a straight path on heavy weights for rows etc
Stan is a monster

He's awesome man.
I've been talking to him on te phone for the last few months, very funny guy.

In the T bar, i would like to see a pause and squeeze at contraction, you see movement only at the shoulder, that would eliminate momentum, stimulate more growth and improve back health, also hands placed wider would mean more movement at the shoulder blades.
I like what he's saying about rest between sets, that improves metcon which inturn improves strength to another level.
I like what he says about chin-ups, with the pulldown he replicates the movement of a really good pulldown they have at PTC frankston, a nautilus gen 1 BTN pulldown, no other machine like that one.
The barbell curl and reasoning behind it is just silly, better would be to adopt a normal stance and (moving at the hip) lean forward at contraction this maintains resistance and load.
He's spot on about hand placement on chin-ups, you can actually see much more movement around the shoulder joint when he illustrates this.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't quite get what you bean with the bb curl. When I had a shoulder injury I was after a way to do curls that minimized shoulder usage at all. Will the way you describe do that? You mean leaning forward at the top of the rep right?

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't quite get what you bean with the bb curl. When I had a shoulder injury I was after a way to do curls that minimized shoulder usage at all. Will the way you describe do that? You mean leaning forward at the top of the rep right?

Yeah, when you say minimize, you mean minimizing shoulder movement?
Doing this ensures minimal movement.
barbell-arm-curl.jpg