• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

REVIEW: Lifespan Rowing Machine

kaz

iLift
Ok, I thought it would be too good to be true and it was.
Kmart had a rower advertised for $149. What a bargain right? I text my husband to let him know I bought one with an end note of "How bad can it be"?

Box had no details except it holds people up to 100kg.

Beauty! Im almost half that!

Get it home, super easy to set up!

I hop on and row a little, felt too easy through the elastic handle. Go to put it on max effort and discover it was already on max effort!!
Thought I'd give it a few minutes trial to see if I worked up any sort of sweat......nil....nothing.....didn't even lift my heart rate.

The rows of the seat click over how many rows you have done and not the rowing handle, the display is basic and generic as hell!!

Worst machine ever!

Rang Kmart they told me there must be an issue with the tensioner. I return it to the shop. The chick gives it a go and can barely get 3 rows out of it.

Im bedazzled! I hop on thinking she must have found the magic button but again its like pulling spaghetti!

The lady was nice enough to give me a full refund....

I'm seriously going to save up and buy a concept 2..... unless someone knows of an awesome cheaper brand just as good!

Spare me the lecture of: You get what you pay for, I've beaten myself up enough!!

[emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107]

I know!! Im prepared to pay for a new one because all the second hand ones are still selling at $900 minimum! May as well pay tge extra $300 for a new one! They probably even deliver it and set it up for you!

I bought a York Rower, a few years back, it lasted exactly 8 months, (lucky I guess as I used it a bit), so after much arguing they fixed it under warranty, then it broke just before 12 months was out and they brought out a new updated model at about that time. After speaking to a dealer they made the mistake of admitting the old model was faulty and that they never worked correctly.

After much arguing and meeting with the NSW manager of York in person at their head office they replaced my broken one with a brand new updated one. I must say I have not used it as much but it's a nice machine plenty of tension and should be fine for home use. I think it was around $650 at the time.

Last edited:
For 1200 just get a concept 2, they obviously hold their value for resale if you even wanted to sell it and they are best you can get

waterrowers are supposedly the bees knees as well. Either one of them or a concept 2 is what I will eventually get

Concept 2 are the best, but I was too tight to get one at the time.

They are probably overkill for a home use where it might get used a few times a week, if you have the spare coin go for it, I would love to have one.