• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Whats your pre-workout meal, and how long before hand do you eat it?

If I am doing a morning session my preworkout meal is generally around 7-9pm the night before.
If in arvo/night. Then it is whenever I ate lunch

I was having a shake bout 45 -60 mins prior, but am changing things slightly and having the shake earlier in the day and having my oats about an hour prior to workout now.

I train late mornings, so my brekky doubles as my preworkout meal. Normally this would be a protein shake with a fistful of fruit (like berries, banana, mango), spoonful of seeds (chia, black sesame), walnuts, cacao nibs, and a sprinkling of coffee if I am a bit hazy. Toss in 1.5 cups of milk then blender the crikey out of it all. Done!

That, plus my dinner from the night before, happens to be plenty to fuel my workouts. However If I start to wither after the 1hr mark, then I whip out my backup solution... BCAA's!!

Just what ever I ate that day!!

Today it was a bacon roll, yesterday a few pieces of marinated chicken, the time before that a rump steak

People way over-think this stuff, seriously pre workout meal??

4 rice cakes about an hour before training.

WTF are rice cakes?? Never heard of them and I have a feeling I probably don't want to sounds gross.

Your worse than reformed smoker mick.

Don't get this comment, I have never smoked, and how am I worse that a reformed smoker for not having a pre-workout meal??

So should I be having a set pre-workout meal?? What benefits will it give me??

Enlighten me with your knowledge.

Is is this just another brainless and pointless stir the pot comment, but really you have no answer/knowledge or understanding relating to the question.

So I am guessing by having four rice cakes (what ever the fuck they are) I will start making magical gains over my bacon roll this morning or chicken pieces yesterday??

Keeping in mind that the bacon and chicken gave me all the protein and BCAA's I need for the day, so may be I need rice cakes and BCAA supplements and protein powder instead for a smarter choice and better bro gains:p

Today it was a bacon roll, yesterday a few pieces of marinated chicken, the time before that a rump steak

People way over-think this stuff, seriously pre workout meal??

WTF are rice cakes?? Never heard of them and I have a feeling I probably don't want to sounds gross.

fc32c8d8aa0e4294cc78c7146aa94294_g.jpg

Roll as in bread roll?
I thought you were against process foods especially wheat / grains?

1. Wholegrain Brown Rice (82%), Seasoning (Maltodextrin, Salt, Acidity Regulator (262, 330), Sugar, Yeast Extract, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil, Natural Flavour), Sunflower Oil.

Sounds delicious:D:p

I think I will stick with real food lol

1. Wholegrain Brown Rice (82%), Seasoning (Maltodextrin, Salt, Acidity Regulator (262, 330), Sugar, Yeast Extract, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil, Natural Flavour), Sunflower Oil.

Sounds delicious:D:p

I think I will stick with real food lol

I think they might contain MSG or something. Coz when I buy them I want to eat the whole pack. They certainly aren't filling - like eating air.

Bread rolls are not "real food"?

Comes back to what I have always said, it's what you do 90% of the time is what matters, the rest will be fine.

Today is Thursday I had one small (90grams) bakery made Sour dough roll, probably won't have another one till next week some time, don't think it will kill me.

I do know however that people here are too dumb to understand the difference between eating one roll occasionaly as opposed to making it a major part of your daily diet, common sense is very very rare around here, and this comment made by you twice (I ignored it the first time as I could not be bothered explaining this over and over as we been through this countless times here and you are still to simple to understand), I know I am wasting my time typing as you probably still won't understand the difference.

Even my 10 year old daughter clearly understands the concept of eating well 90% of the time, yet she can still have sweets or chips or rubbish occasionally without any real detrimental impact on her health.

These stupid comments/digs/pot stirring are starting to get really tiring and boring to be honest as an adult you can not really be that stupid as to not get it.

Last edited:
But you bagged the rice cakes yet ate bread.
You have no credibility left Mick sorry to say.

But you bagged the rice cakes yet ate bread.
You have no credibility left Mick sorry to say.

I think your credibility is going down hill fast and you are clasping at straws still in a poor attempt to stir the pot and as I suspected you did not get what I said or even understood the concept that even my 10 year old understands.

I said I had a bacon roll this morning, I don't have one very day as a pre workout meal.

I commented on a post where someone suggested they have four rice cakes prior to every workout for what ever reason, I commented that I just eat what ever I am having that day, I know this is adult stuff and probably way over your head, and you might have to get a responsible adult close by that can explain it to you.

Not that I like rice cakes but maybe like your bacon roll Mick, 4 rice cakes is just whatever stevep was eating before he worked out.

Not that I like rice cakes but maybe like your bacon roll Mick, 4 rice cakes is just whatever stevep was eating before he worked out.
Nah, he's mentioned it numerous times before. Rice cakes are one of his staples.

If they're the plain ones, I don't see a big issue in it. There's a lot worse you could be eating and he's far from being a fatty