• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whats your pre-workout meal, and how long before hand do you eat it?
Nothing, that's the usual. I believe the body is always primed for action when called upon to act. A workout is viewed by our body as just another form of action involving some stressful parameters that have to be dealt with. I'm not writing this to be difficult or different. This reasoning simply makes sense to me and it's part and parcel of life on a daily basis, practically speaking.

Since I'm basing my reply on reason, it also stands to reason that if for whatever reason I had not had a proper meal the night or day before, I would more than likely be required to eat something simply to raise my blood sugar level slightly before meeting the challenge/workout that is awaiting me.

No one in their right mind would want to go to battle with a low blood sugar level, only to start feeling dizzy half way through the workout.

Nah, he's mentioned it numerous times before. Rice cakes are one of his staples.

If they're the plain ones, I don't see a big issue in it. There's a lot worse you could be eating and he's far from being a fatty

I don't have a problem with them. My ideal would be a few cheese burgers.

Usually eat when I get home from work before gym, usually chicken rice and veggies. Usually farkin starving abywyas

So [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; considering your reposnse to a pre workout meal, would consider a post workout meal more important to fuel the body and muscles after a strenuous workout which in most cases I would say is different to what most people would experience during other periods of the day?

Don't get this comment, I have never smoked, and how am I worse that a reformed smoker for not having a pre-workout meal??

So should I be having a set pre-workout meal?? What benefits will it give me??

Enlighten me with your knowledge.

Is is this just another brainless and pointless stir the pot comment, but really you have no answer/knowledge or understanding relating to the question.

So I am guessing by having four rice cakes (what ever the fuck they are) I will start making magical gains over my bacon roll this morning or chicken pieces yesterday??

Keeping in mind that the bacon and chicken gave me all the protein and BCAA's I need for the day, so may be I need rice cakes and BCAA supplements and protein powder instead for a smarter choice and better bro gains:p

Its an analogy you wanker lol

you use to be a supplement junkie, you are now a reformed supplement junkie you show zero tolerance to other people that use supplements.

doesnt matter forget it.

So @Fadi ; considering your reposnse to a pre workout meal, would consider a post workout meal more important to fuel the body and muscles after a strenuous workout which in most cases I would say is different to what most people would experience during other periods of the day?
Your analysis is 100% on the money Neddy. Considering the way I eat, with my very low carbohydrates and very high fat diet, I would fully take advantage of my high insulin sensitivity right after training, and would consume most of my carbohydrates then, with some protein of course and near zero fat (as the last macro would somewhat blunt the insulin response). Now I would have also said no form of fructose from fruits at this time for the same reason the fat has on the insulin levels. However since my liver is not overfilled with this stored fuel (due to my low overall carbohydrate intake), I find it safe (and one of the best timings of the day) to supply/top up my liver with this type of fuel without gaining any body fat.

Nothing, that's the usual. I believe the body is always primed for action when called upon to act. A workout is viewed by our body as just another form of action involving some stressful parameters that have to be dealt with. I'm not writing this to be difficult or different. This reasoning simply makes sense to me and it's part and parcel of life on a daily basis, practically speaking.

Very well put.

Your analysis is 100% on the money Neddy. Considering the way I eat, with my very low carbohydrates and very high fat diet, I would fully take advantage of my high insulin sensitivity right after training, and would consume most of my carbohydrates then, with some protein of course and near zero fat (as the last macro would somewhat blunt the insulin response). Now I would have also said no form of fructose from fruits at this time for the same reason the fat has on the insulin levels. However since my liver is not overfilled with this stored fuel (due to my low overall carbohydrate intake), I find it safe (and one of the best timings of the day) to supply/top up my liver with this type of fuel without gaining any body fat.
Thanks for your response and much the way I would see things..

I would think provided you have fueled your body prior to working out at some stage your body will have the energy available for it to perform, but after a workout would be more important to feed it when energy stores have been used or depleted during a strenuous workout.

I also don't have a specific pre workout meal.

Sometimes a coffee but it's incidental rather than intended as pre workout.

I'd also prefer to focus on my post workout meal. I don't get too hung up about the mix of macros although I focus on protein and carbs out of habit.

Not that I like rice cakes but maybe like your bacon roll Mick, 4 rice cakes is just whatever stevep was eating before he worked out.

No he stated that he has a pre workout meal of 4 rice cakes, my comment was that this is over-thinking things, just eat what ever you eat and that will be a pre workout meal, so my pre workout meal will always be different, I don't have bacon rolls every day I might have one once a fortnight or I might have one once a month or what ever, I don't sit there thinking about it, if I wake up in the morning and want a bacon roll I will have one, if I have some fruit or what ever I will have that, it does not matter at the end of the day.

Its an analogy you wanker lol

you use to be a supplement junkie, you are now a reformed supplement junkie you show zero tolerance to other people that use supplements.

doesnt matter forget it.

Rice cakes are supplements??? No one mentioned supplements, there was no talk of supplements, people were posting about pre workout meals, not a supplement in sight, I think you are confused, posting on this forum is like conversing with a bunch or 5 year olds.

Please show me where there was a mention of supplements prior to your stupid and pointless comment. Well I can tell you there was not so your just making shit up to stir the pot rather than add anything to the discussion.

Last edited:
Of course!

Lel+_d2bc56ce1ce19dda08ce0fcc15a71446.jpg

Oh dear, did I get Mick into a frenzy again? I need to avoid words like rice or aminos in the future.

As Fadi said, have a small high carb meal to spike insulin a bit before training. After breakfast, I have no carbs again until the rice cakes before training. They're not very filling, and that's why I eat them. And they're an easy snack to take with you.

I don't see the problem with planning meals or having structure in your plans. I doubt many people just walk into a gym without knowing what they're doing that day.

As Fadi said, have a small high carb meal to spike insulin a bit before training. After breakfast, I have no carbs again until the rice cakes before training. They're not very filling, and that's why I eat them. And they're an easy snack to take with you.

No offence mate, but get your fat right, seems to be a constant problem. Fadi is having carbs after workout, not prior.

No offence mate, but get your fat right, seems to be a constant problem. Fadi is having carbs after workout, not prior.

Who cares. If getting carbs in is something you want to do around a workout, eating carbs before a workout still has carbs digesting after a workout.