• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just watching Sky news now. A lot of flack given to the AFP for their roll in the arrest of these drug traffickers?

Unjust in my opinion. They should be punished where the crime is being commited.

It was a politically poor decision for the AFP to facilitate the arrest of Australian citizens in a foreign country.

Why would anyone's family member die because of them, it's not like they will drive by steathily at night and throw a meth bomb into my house

They facilitate the availability of the drugs that are causing these issues making the easily available, and profiting from it.

People may argue that if these guys don't provide them then someone else will, this may be true, but in the end if we keep getting rid of these vermin then it might just become too hard to get hold of these drugs.

Some might say taking drugs is a choice, and it may be, but then again, if these people were not there selling the stuff then may be there would be no choice to buy it.

Some people are just weak and will resort to taking drugs, steroids or what ever, but if the stuff was not there may be these weak peopel would not get involved in taking drugs.

At the end of the day they knew what they were doing and what the risks were and now is the time to pay the price for their greed. Such is life.

It was a politically poor decision for the AFP to facilitate the arrest of Australian citizens in a foreign country.
Indonesia should have been glad the Bali 9 were taking drugs OUT of the country....
Then slapped a Do not Return on their passports!

I am for one am glad they did, it saved us probably millions and if they got caught here they would already be roaming the streets again selling drugs to children and junkies that will then break into our houses and rob service stations to pay for said drugs.

Rep points for AFP in my books

I can not understand how any Australian could support these grubs.

May be if we toughened our laws up a bit and made punishment reflect the crime we would have a lot less problems here.

You're all for capital punishment @Big Mick ;?

I can't say I am, I am however a great believer that of people know the risk they should not complain if they get caught.

They knew the risk, they rolled the dice, now it's time to pay up, not even sure why this is a discussion point in Australia, it's not like it was sprung on them all of a sudden and they thought they were entering a risk free enterprise. The Indonesian Policy on drug trafficking has been no secret and is well known throughout the world, simply do not traffic drugs, not that fucking hard if you don't want to get shot

This makes it pretty fucking obvious if you ask me.

death-penalty-sign-indonesia.jpg

It would be a different situation if the penalty has always been a $1000 fine and they took the risk and got caught and Indonesia turned around and said ok we are sick of this, death penalty it is, I would be all for fighting for their rights as they would not have known the risk.

They knew the risk, they rolled the dice, now it's time to pay up, not even sure why did is a discussion point in Australia, it's not like it was sprung on them all of a sudden and they thought they were entering a risk free enterprise.

This makes it pretty fucking obvious if you ask me.

Drugs fuck with your mind Big Mick. They impair judgement severely.

Drugs fuck with your mind Big Mick. They impair judgement severely.

Exactly my point. I agree 100%, this is why the Indonesian Government is taking a strong stance on this.

Over here we are way too weak IMO, I don't expect (or want) death penalties in Australia, I do however expect harsher punishment than what we have, where most crims just get a slap on the wrist, and only a light one at that, would not want to hurt their wrist they could sue us:p

It's was an act of good faith b/w the police forces to strengthen info and intel sharing.

Exactly my point. I agree 100%, this is why the Indonesian Government is taking a strong stance on this.

Over here we are way too weak IMO, I don't expect (or want) death penalties in Australia, I do however expect harsher punishment than what we have, where most crims just get a slap on the wrist, and only a light one at that, would not want to hurt their wrist they could sue us:p
It's fine to say that the penalties here are too weak for crime in general. For drugs I reckon it's a different story, its a war which is futile and unnecessary and it is one that will never be won. People will seek out drugs just as they have been since the beginning of time! What makes one substance legal and another illegal lol.. its stupid!

Fair dinkum if they're manufacturing it and shit, but if they're drug addled mules with half their brain fried up then they need help (rehab) and medical treatment, not treated like human filth. Their prefrontal cortex isn't working properly so even if a huge red flashing laser sign with subsonic horns blared into their face along with a taser dildo launching deeply into their ass would not have deterred them from doing what their limbic system is telling them to do the until they sober the hell up. :rolleyes:

Obviously none of this philosophy affects Bali 9 duo, nor Mr Joko even if the excellent above mentioned signal was sent in his general direction..

I have said it before and I will say it again, shoot these kunce and let's move on, they knew the penalties, they thought they could beat the system, they almost got there but failed, that's the concequences.

it is sad, but they knew what they were doing when doing a crime in a country with death penalty.

It's fine to say that the penalties here are too weak for crime in general. For drugs I reckon it's a different story, its a war which is futile and unnecessary and it is one that will never be won. People will seek out drugs just as they have been since the beginning of time! What makes one substance legal and another illegal lol.. its stupid!

Fair dinkum if they're manufacturing it and shit, but if they're drug addled mules with half their brain fried up then they need help (rehab) and medical treatment, not treated like human filth. Their prefrontal cortex isn't working properly so even if a huge red flashing laser sign with subsonic horns blared into their face along with a taser dildo launching deeply into their ass would not have deterred them from doing what their limbic system is telling them to do the until they sober the hell up. :rolleyes:

Obviously none of this philosophy affects Bali 9 duo, nor Mr Joko even if the excellent above mentioned signal was sent in his general direction..

I understand your point, but I don't buy into it, if they are doing it because they are drug fucked, really I don't care, they had choices, we all have choices, we make choices every day, what affects your decision process is not really relevant to the final outcome.

There is always the bleeding heart side, of they are poor immigrant families, they had a bad childhood, they were not thinking straight, their mummy did not hug them enough or cut the crust off their toast or what ever, really I don't care what has let up to the final event, they had choices, they made decisions, and we all have to live with our decisions, both good and bad.

If some grub comes climbing through my window at 3am I don't really care what has let up to getting them there, what their childhood was like, or if they got the right amount of hugs from nana or what ever, they will meet Mr Baseball Bat straight to the forehead.

I understand your point, but I don't buy into it, if they are doing it because they are drug fucked, really I don't care, they had choices, we all have choices, we make choices every day, what affects your decision process is not really relevant to the final outcome.

There is always the bleeding heart side, of they are poor immigrant families, they had a bad childhood, they were not thinking straight, their mummy did not hug them enough or cut the crust off their toast or what ever, really I don't care what has let up to the final event, they had choices, they made decisions, and we all have to live with our decisions, both good and bad.

If some grub comes climbing through my window at 3am I don't really care what has let up to getting them there, what their childhood was like, or if they got the right amount of hugs from nana or what ever, they will meet Mr Baseball Bat straight to the forehead.

well put sir

What are your thoughts?
Will they be spared?
Do they deserve to be there?
Was the jail transfer overkill?

863193-c3180a16-ad48-11e4-a8ac-2e38d96357fd.jpg

Should have been shot 10 years ago, case closed. The Australian government ought to respect the laws of a sovereign country if it wants our laws to be respected by others. No Aussie would be happy with an Indonesian official nagging us to apply the capital punishment on a dual Indonesian-Australian citizen, if he was caught by our police dealing with drug trafficking here in Australia. We would all scream "hey Indonesia, mind your own business and respect our laws"!

Some may argue that yeh, but we Aussies are pro-life, where the Indonesian government is pro capital punishment. That would be correct, but should not make one law superior over the other, or even judged as such. The law of the land should be respected by all, and all means ALL!

Should have been shot 10 years ago, case closed. The Australian government ought to respect the laws of a sovereign country if it wants our laws to be respected by others. No Aussie would be happy with an Indonesian official nagging us to apply the capital punishment on a dual Indonesian-Australian citizen, if he was caught by our police dealing with drug trafficking here in Australia. We would all scream "hey Indonesia, mind your own business and respect our laws"!

Some may argue that yeh, but we Aussies are pro-life, where the Indonesian government is pro capital punishment. That would be correct, but should not make one law superior over the other, or even judged as such. The law of the land should be respected by all, and all means ALL!

Well put Fadi. That was what i was trying to articulate as well when i was saying obey the local laws or face the punishment the local jurisdiction deems necessary. It's not up to us to agree/disagree with it, its none of our business.

What I don't understand is why people are having candle lit vigils and shit for a pair of drug smugglers. What the fuck has happened there?

Not only does the Australian legal system seem to let people off too lightly, we now have Joe public holding a vigil for drug dealers. It is mental.

Remember the kunce hung in Singapore for the same offence, no one had a candle vigil for him, but we longneck instead.