• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2015 Crossfit Open thread

ride29er

Confused Kunce
Deep down I know all you kunce love Crossfit so like last year ill run a thread with my progress and how I go this year.
For those that dont know how it works, most have heard of The Crossfit Games, the Opens are the first round of qualifying to make the games, each friday for 5 weeks they will give us a workout in which we have until tuesday morning to log our best score, after that the top 40(i think) make it to regionals which is a weekend made up of numerous workouts during each day to find the top 6 athletes to head over and represent Australia in the games.
Last year I was my first opens and I placed 600th in Australia, this year my aim is top 200, hopefully next year ill give it a good go at making regionals,

so first workout 15.1 gets announced on friday around 11am via live link were they have current champ Rich Froning up against last years Second place guy Matt Fraser, im hoping it will be some sort of workout with a heavish Olympic lift involved as these 2 guys are both beasts when it come to barbell workouts

I reckon you can do it, another good year of strength gains like 2014 would put you near the pace.

Do they separate into age/weight groups or everyone is classified the same when it comes to qualifying for regionals?

I think it would be fun to join in, just got to learn a few more crossfit specific moves like the kip pullup and the hand stand walks and rope climbs.

Do they separate into age/weight groups or everyone is classified the same when it comes to qualifying for regionals?

I think it would be fun to join in, just got to learn a few more crossfit specific moves like the kip pullup and the hand stand walks and rope climbs.

no weight classes just males and females and a few masters classes(even at the games), most the stuff in the opens are basics and usually designed to be done with a basic setup, they have never had ropeclimbs.
All you need is a 9kg wallball, some weights a skipping rope and a 24"box for box jumps chin up bar and rings will get you through 99% of the opens, last year was the first time they have used a rower, but generally the idea is to be able to compete with a relatively basic setup

I got through last year with the basic kip, I only started doing the butterfly kip over the last few month,

That can't be good for your shoulders....

Good luck mate will watch withibterest

Not as bad as it looks, I came into Crossfit off a ac strain in my shoulder and limited mobility because of the injury and have gains full mobility back and so far no injuries,
They released the first workout
2 parts, the first part is 9 mins than straight after, the second part is 6 mins

Part A
9 min -amrap
15 toes to bar
10 deadlifts 52kg
5 snatch 52kg

Part B
6 mins to establish a 1rm clean and jerk

Properly one of the less scary open workouts I have seen,
Part a will be limited by toes to bars and part b will depend on how quick you recover, I'm hoping for 7 rounds in part a and part b I want 110kg but hoping for 115kg

I got 6 rounds plus 9 toes to bar and 115kg on the clean and jerk, Im happy with it so I wont repeat it

Had another go yesterday , got 1 extra rep in the first part but 6 more kilos in part 2 with a PB of 121kg, so after week one I'm sitting 168th in Australia out of 10,000, so good start

a little edit of the first workout, this is me and my coach, he gets me by 1 rep at the end
and here is my clean and jerk after the workout

Good stuff mate, I got 151 and a 100kg C&J I just lost all feeling in my forearms. You look like you got a biggish frame what weight are you?

I'm 85kg, if I did it for a 3rd time I would not of went touch and go on any of the snatch, it pumped my forearms up to much, I was worried about the cleans but managed to recover enough

15.2 just got released, it is a repeat from last year, very painful workout
69998cfcc5bcf5b4830dca63b2e00200.jpg

Had a go this morning, 6 reps from finishing the round of 16's, I went to complete failure in the overhead squats literally could not stand up afterwards, will try a different game plan Monday and hopefully can gain 6 reps
8ce47e556c4332ebdb9fe46ce0b5e166.jpg

3c230e6761102f2467585536b767ce7c.jpg

43ac623969d068e81f4d6d7fc22ede22.jpg