• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein totality; one bodybuilder’s reflection from outside the box.

Inflammation is getting all the negative press these days. It's a bit like free radicals of 10 years ago.

People smashed antioxidants to combat the bad free radicals and found out it caused more harm than good.

yet you pop neurofen like its going out of fashion...

maybe put some effort into your diet, and you won't need pain or anti-inflam pills daily?

just a thought

yet you pop neurofen like its going out of fashion...

maybe put some effort into your diet, and you won't need pain or anti-inflam pills daily?

just a thought

Nothing to do with my post.

I took anti inflamms for a footy injury, diet wasn't going to fix that. Lol.

In any case i don't take neurofen, so try again.

Please point out what you think you know is wrong with my diet.

There's way too much confliction of info out there about how to reduce inflammation in the system for me to devise an accurate strategy to combat it. You can manage stress but no amount of meditation can stop my organs getting inflamed if it wants to!

I am under the impression that, aside from the body's response to immediate injury or infection, chronic inflammation harms organs, causes diseases (some even suggest its the cause of all chronic illness we experience — conditions like heart disease, obesity, diabetes, dementia, depression, cancer etc), and ages us faster.

What causes it? Poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, allergens from food or the environment, toxins such as mercury, pesticides and mold.

I am under the impression that, aside from the body's response to immediate injury or infection, chronic inflammation harms organs, causes diseases (some even suggest its the cause of all chronic illness we experience — conditions like heart disease, obesity, diabetes, dementia, depression, cancer etc), and ages us faster.

What causes it? Poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, allergens from food or the environment, toxins such as mercury, pesticides and mold.

First what makes you think you suffer from chronic inflammation?

The process of inflammation in the body is complex and unlike the fad diets claim you can't just lump inflammation into good or bad.

Their is evidence inflammation is used to regulate blood sugar. Inflammation is important in response to infection, wound healing and muscle growth. I am willing to bet there are going to be other things found that inflammation is needed for. Like anything with the body its a complex process and we can't just lump the into categories as good or bad.

The good thing is there is nothing wrong with the foods recommended in these anti-inflammatory diets but they are likely to have minimal to no effect on inflammation.

What causes it. Great question and we don't 100% really know yet.
Pesticides, only if you are drinking them straight from the drum.
You best bet is to eat good most of the time, exercise and not get fat.

but your meat is perfect, as is whatever your farm produces?

get a grip mate.