• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein totality; one bodybuilder’s reflection from outside the box.

I don't think fruit is on the paleo list of 'approved' foods?

45 is nothing. 45 is the new 25. smarter choices is better.
I hope that is not just some catchy phrase to trick us all into mid life crisis when we get there and realise its totally bonking bollocks! :D

how does paleo have a macro's? was pretty sure its a lifestyle, not a macros to follow...

its the idea of eating whole foods, cooked. and fruit between hardy meals.
Fair enough C_T. So it's a lifestyle without defined macronutrients. Do you belong or follow that lifestyle C_T?

I hope that is not just some catchy phrase to trick us all into mid life crisis when we get there and realise its totally bonking bollocks! :D

You can now have a mid-life crisis at 25.

i rely on micro nutrients not macro, and its treated me well.

and im not a huge protein advocate, less is more tbh... but only if your already in good shape, and have a great diet, which most struggle with.

edit: if my micro is taken care of, for sure my macro is... but no the last few years i don't have to count, i can eye ball calories like a motherfucker

Last edited:
i rely on micro nutrients not macro, and its treated me well.

and im not a huge protein advocate, less is more tbh... but only if your already in good shape, and have a great diet, which most struggle with.
So you would probably like the "nutritarian" type diet that is based on micronutrient-rich foods advocated by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Of course, the man is a vegan, which is not you I know. But I hear what you're saying. I think the best diet one can have is one that does not raise any inflammation markers, and is intrinsically an anti-inflammatory diet as a whole. And of course beyond any type of a diet, keeping a cool head and managing stress levels goes a long way in supporting such a diet. In other words, the psychological aspect to our being also plays a big part in determining the outcome of our overall health.

Last edited:
i make my own nutrition program. and stick to that. its been years of trial n error, have proved this is what works for me...

ive never sugar coated anything, the only smoke screen your doing is in your brain.

Good, because as you know sugar is toxic waste and causes cancer and penis to drop off and will turn you into a jupiter riding chocolate starfish loving princess with a rhino fetish!

How many of those on the paleo diet actually live it.

Diet high in insects.

Go out and kill their own meat.

Don't think there was any cars in paleo times.

Going to a doctor when sick, don't think so.

Fair bit of evidence paleo diet was actually high in grains.

Last edited:
So you would probably like the "nutritarian" type diet that is based on micronutrient-rich foods advocated by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Of course, the man is a vegan, which is not you I know. But I hear what you're saying. I think the best diet one can have is one that does not raise any inflammation markers, and is intrinsically an anti-inflammatory diet as a whole. And of course beyond any type of a diet, keeping a cool head and managing stress levels goes a long way in supporting such a diet. In other words, the psychological aspect to our being also plays a big part in determining the outcome of our overall health.

so very true (hello Fadi! *waves*)

a diet that is optimal in nutritional terms can be completely undone by stress and inflammation.

Inflammation is getting all the negative press these days. It's a bit like free radicals of 10 years ago.

People smashed antioxidants to combat the bad free radicals and found out it caused more harm than good.

so very true (hello Fadi! *waves*)
Hello Vivian, I've missed you lovely One!

a diet that is optimal in nutritional terms can be completely undone by stress and inflammation
So very true, so very true. But few make a conscious effort to manage these side of the equation it seems. I've read the words of the late Dale Carnegie in his book called "How to stop worrying and start living", where he so rightly states, that our hospital beds are so full of people who live in the yesterdays, the tomorrows, but not so much in the todays. So so true, and worse, they blame everyone and everything other than themselves for whatever misfortune or adversity that befalls them. I've got more than a fair few of these type of people with such a negative mentality / attitude amongst my relatives. Sad but true.