• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

I think another way of asking the question is 'what would happen if other drugs were made legal'.

If alcohol was made illegal again, as it was in the US 1920s, then maybe things would be worse due to lack of regulation. I don't know.

I can only stick to my idea of tests of each drug per ratio of people in terms of health and so on. I cant see any other way of proving point one way or the other, although I anticipate a certain answer.

Didn't alcohol consumption rise to record levels during the American prohibition.

there are problems wit proving anything. Many swear that marijuana is harmless; for me, one of worst drugs i ever took.

They also say aboriginals have more problems with alcohol as relatively new to their culture when compared to Europeans.

bang-head-against-brick-wall.jpg

It was a futile exercise of power.
And a great lesson can be learned from that, and that is you can not use power to subdue a population's attitude. You have to use education and not subjugation. Look back at the 50s and 60s, where it was the norm for a doctor to advice his patient to light up a cigarette (camel brand of course), and quite the norm to see every Tom Dick and Jane smoking in films made in that era. Who would've thought we would view smoking as we view it today. What did it? Not banning it, but making it "un-cool" if there's such a word!

Sorry but Ice aka Crystal Meth is so much worse than booze it's not funny. When something can get you hooked from the first go, and can take MONTHS to get over the withdrawl symptoms of, not to mention how quickly lives spiral out of control, alcohol has nothing on that.

Literally one hit gets people hooked. Never seen that with any other drugs.

Nice bait in the OP btw, Sweden is possibly the dumbest country to do that sort of study in, since it's run by bleeding heart feminists.

I'd imagine they are looking at a total damaged cause, the totality of damaged caused worldwide is far greater than that caused by meth.

yes, Chris.

I am referring to both. I think the data is skewed very much against alcohol because of its widespread use.

I would be very much interested in ratios for individual/psychotic damage per 1000 heavy users of different drugs, preferably of people who don't need to do crime to pay for habit.

I hope this makes sense.

YOU would be INTERESTED in RATIOS (imagine I am channeling Bill Shatner)

There are sound reasons why ice is illegal and alcohol is not.

I think ultimately it comes down to taxes. Alcohol is widely accepted as being an ok poison, so the governments see it as revenue.

If alcohol was invented today in our cotton wool society, it would be banned outright.

Yup. That's is actually correct.

Because we've all been getting high on alcohol for so long throughout history, it's just deemed as more socially acceptable. Prolly why prohibition in the states never lasted.

My ancestors used to get wasted on fermented goats milk.

I cant really argue with last two posts.

I will just side with posts that indicate how bad some moderate use of other drugs, such as meth and heroin, can be.

I think ultimately it comes down to taxes. Alcohol is widely accepted as being an ok poison, so the governments see it as revenue.

If alcohol was invented today in our cotton wool society, it would be banned outright.

thing is the cost to society far out weights any tax revenue.

think of the costs of health care, policing, prisons..all for alcohol based incidents.

then think of all the bad shit that alcohol leaves its finger prints all over..assault, rape, domestic violence, racism, anti social behavior.

then there is the cost to human life.

i have nothing but utter contempt for drunk people, they should be rounded up and shot.

saying that I have no issue with people drinking, aslong as it is in moderation, i.e wine with dinner or a couple of beers..not going out and getting hammered and being a parasite on our society

I cant really argue with last two posts.

I will just side with posts that indicate how bad some moderate use of other drugs, such as meth and heroin, can be.

stuff like heroin isnt bad for society in reality. yeh its not exactly healthy and is going to fuck you up..and the high overdose risk. but, the issues places have with "junkies" and drug crime, is based simply in the lack of access to funds for drugs.

if you were a smack head and had a nice cheap legal supply of heroin thats not going to run out, are you going to go out and bother anyone? no..your gona be fucking on your couch monged out your face