• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

yes, there are some that will be more prone to roid range.

Agree, but I've never seen it though Spart, 25 years in this sport/hobby/pastime and trained with several blokes who artificially bumped up their test levels and cannot say I have ever seen an act of rage or witnessed a violent tantrum.
I have certainly heard about cases and heard about a kunce trying to roll over a car when he flipped out in traffic, but never with my own eyes.

I have also rarely seen it.

I think literature suggests most sane/calm people are not going to behave that much different.

I do believe in "roid rage" but I think it is a elevated reaction to someone who already has anger issues or is simply an angry person/has a short fuse
Bravo brother. In a nutshell, it magnifies and exposes a possibly hidden trait. Alcohol does the same thing in the sense that, it lowers inhibitions and reveals the real person behind the veil so to speak.

The androgens will amplify the chip on the shoulder if one is there to start with.

In a nutshell (or an atrophied nut bag) virtually anyone who is drawn to the body-dysmorphic pursuits of bodybuilding and its inbred cousin powerlifting could be prone to roid rage (having sizeable chips already). It's worse for the runts who have never trained without juice; their world collapses without hero juice, and their estimation of their own achievements is magnified whilst on it.

Just end it now, weeny boys. Put the hose on the exhaust pipe. You never trained without juice and your achievements are nothing. If a roid rage doesn't land you in gaol, I'll be sure to provoke you when you have finished injecting and are withering away to mediocrity.

In a nutshell (or an atrophied nut bag) virtually anyone who is drawn to the body-dysmorphic pursuits of bodybuilding and its inbred cousin powerlifting could be prone to roid rage (having sizeable chips already). It's worse for the runts who have never trained without juice; their world collapses without hero juice, and their estimation of their own achievements is magnified whilst on it.

Just end it now, weeny boys. Put the hose on the exhaust pipe. You never trained without juice and your achievements are nothing. If a roid rage doesn't land you in gaol, I'll be sure to provoke you when you have finished injecting and are withering away to mediocrity.

WTF is this rant?

The androgens will amplify the chip on the shoulder if one is there to start with.

:D

Semantics
For the the sake of the argument I think he's defining rage as a tantrum, or uncontrollable anger :rolleyes:

i know now little about this stuff, but isn't it the same for a bloke that can't control his alcohol?

i know cops would rather not want to have to deal with a drunk, as opposed to a joint smoker, hell, the druggie just wants to be left in peace with their bag of chips.

It's not semantics
If it is not psychosis then you're in control
If you're in control then it is 100% your actions and you can't blame that on anything. Not steroids not alcohol not cocaine

I dont think you would find any mental health professionals that would group rage and psychosis together. There are general differences in the states, but if for no other than psychosis is generally considered to be a longer term mental state as opposed to short outbursts of rage. Rage is however a symptom of some psychotic states. Generally speaking they are not one and the same.

tbh i am far more dangerous when im dealing with emotional stress (like atm) than i am on gear. i do belive i i was on tren right now, things would be worse.

its the same as the drink, just reveals what ever is lurking beneath. if there is nothing there, nothing to worry about!

rage is not psychosis. you wont find a single medical reference that backs this up
That's only because the term "roid rage" does not specifically refer to the medical definition of rage. It historically referred to a psychotic break with reality.

Abusing steroids to build muscle has been clearly linked to numerous health problems, from high cholesterol to liver damage, but it's less certain whether steroid use can produce the psychotic episode called "roid rage."
http://www.livescience.com/38354-what-is-roid-rage.html

Interesting article on "roid rage". Honesty is refreshing.

I think if you're asshole it will exaggerate it.

If you're passive and meek, its not going to suddenly turn you into an asshole
Yeah. They did an experiment with hamsters (I know not human) where they juiced them up and pinched the hamsters to piss them off. The hamsters who were on gear would turn around and attack the nearest male hamster thinking it was him. They found the aggressive response was exaggerated in juiced up hamsters but still found that if there was a female nearby, which male hamsters don't usually attack, the juiced hamster wouldn't attack her. They concluded that steroids made the hamsters attack more forceful but that the hamsters would still follow the normal social rules of hamster-hood.

the only remotely close to road rage i ever got was on Tren...

it does change the way your think, and the short fuse is a very good representation of this.

It is real. doesn't mean you act on it, but it can change the way your view certain situations. And im a very passive personal irl. Thankfully im one of those that realises its happening and shuts it down mentally.