• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

Do you realise your long winded bullshit ramblings don't make you sound wise. A simple answer will do.

I think [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; is a good man, his non-extreme religious beliefs give him that strong sense of right and wrong, but on this topic I feel his religious beliefs may be skewing his views.

(Fadi also has nuthuggers - well at least one in this thread, nudge nudge wink wink Darkoz :D )

we know that all drugs are dangerous if you abuse them; the use of alcohol is so widespread that it will show up high on any data just going on adverse instances, whether health, car accidents and violence.

Nevertheless, and I open to evidence, i suspect that certain drugs do cause more damage/havoc than alcohol in terms of rate of use.

I think @Fadi ; is a good man, his non-extreme religious beliefs give him that strong sense of right and wrong, but on this topic I feel his religious beliefs may be skewing his views.

(Fadi also has nuthuggers - well at least one in this thread, nudge nudge wink wink Darkoz :D )

It would be something if I'm a lone voice here in this country, irrespective of my background or my belief. I'm not here to change anyone's view point, on the contrary, I respect everyone's point of view regardless. If you're finding a fault in what I'm saying then please point it out. At the end of the day, each to his own, as long as no harm is done to others. I have not said anything other than that really.

I think @Fadi ; is a good man, his non-extreme religious beliefs give him that strong sense of right and wrong, but on this topic I feel his religious beliefs may be skewing his views.

You are a shit stirrer aren't you Stiffo
I was asked my view and I replied, I don't expect others to change their views, I occasionally have a drink but don't abuse it.
I have no idea what a nuthugger is but if it's derogatory towards me then go fuck yourself.

Nevertheless, and I open to evidence, i suspect that certain drugs do cause more damage/havoc than alcohol in terms of rate of use.
Are you referring to individual harm or harm to society as a whole Chris? Sorry if I've gotten your name wrong mate.

I don't like alcohol because I hate the taste of it especially beer and I don't like the toxic, vile shit passing through my liver.
Other want to do that then go for it. It's not illegal.

You are a shit stirrer aren't you Stiffo
I was asked my view and I replied, I don't expect others to change their views, I occasionally have a drink but don't abuse it.
I have no idea what a nuthugger is but if it's derogatory towards me then go fuck yourself.

:D from one shit stirrer to another lol. Reps for quoting Oni.

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; you see addicts of illegal drugs with all sorts of boils on their bodies and leading quite irrational lives and not taking care of themselves. This to me shows it effects them negatively both physically and mentally. Alcoholics, and there are a lot more, can lead quite "normal" lives. Even then, alcohol may not be used at as high and dangerous a level as illegal drugs.

Are you referring to individual harm or harm to society as a whole Chris? Sorry if I've gotten your name wrong mate.

yes, Chris.

I am referring to both. I think the data is skewed very much against alcohol because of its widespread use.

I would be very much interested in ratios for individual/psychotic damage per 1000 heavy users of different drugs, preferably of people who don't need to do crime to pay for habit.

I hope this makes sense.

I only like beer when it is really hot; hated it when young - just drank it to get pissed cheaply.

I also prefer wine with food, although I do like a sip of champagne being a bit girlie.

:D from one shit stirrer to another lol. Reps for quoting Oni.
I didn't quote anybody, that was all me

@Fadi ; you see addicts of illegal drugs with all sorts of boils on their bodies and leading quite irrational lives and not taking care of themselves. This to me shows it effects them negatively both physically and mentally. Alcoholics, and there are a lot more, can lead quite "normal" lives. Even then, alcohol may not be used at as high and dangerous a level as illegal drugs.
Many drug users lead normal and functioning lives, many are professionals in their field.
Not all of them look like a meat lovers pizza

@Fadi ; you see addicts of illegal drugs with all sorts of boils on their bodies and leading quite irrational lives and not taking care of themselves. This to me shows it effects them negatively both physically and mentally. Alcoholics, and there are a lot more, can lead quite "normal" lives. Even then, alcohol may not be used at as high and dangerous a level as illegal drugs.
With all honesty sir, I really can not confidently reply to your comment (which I thank you for by the way). I say that because you mentioned the alcoholics. Now from what Darkoz has informed me, he said he drinks now and then and he does not abuse it. From what I understand of one being an alcoholic, doesn't that allocate such a drinker to a different category altogether? I mean wouldn't that term "alcoholic" define that person as an addict to alcohol? If so, wouldn't that make drinking even more dangerous than using other drugs simply because of its implicit effects, which you have termed as "normal"? What I'm trying to say is that isn't the danger of being an alcoholic found in its seeming "normality"?

With all honesty sir, I really can not confidently reply to your comment (which I thank you for by the way). I say that because you mentioned the alcoholics. Now from what Darkoz has informed me, he said he drinks now and then and he does not abuse it. From what I understand of one being an alcoholic, doesn't that allocate such a drinker to a different category altogether? I mean wouldn't that term "alcoholic" define that person as an addict to alcohol? If so, wouldn't that make drinking even more dangerous than using other drugs simply because of its implicit effects, which you have termed as "normal"? What I'm trying to say is that isn't the danger of being an alcoholic found in its seeming "normality"?

I 100% agree with that last sentence Fadi but am not sold on the alcohol is so much worse for people than illegal drugs are.

I hope I haven't offended you with any of my comments, I was more "sparring" with Darkoz than meaning any insult. I'll bid thee a good night :)

yes, Chris.

I am referring to both. I think the data is skewed very much against alcohol because of its widespread use.

I would be very much interested in ratios for individual/psychotic damage per 1000 heavy users of different drugs, preferably of people who don't need to do crime to pay for habit.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you Chris, yes you've made perfect sense. I think it would be obvious that if we were to have 1000 people heavily use different drugs, then compare the results, I'm sure illegal drugs such as heroine, meth etc. would be a lot more harmful to that particular user than alcohol. So perhaps you're right, the danger of alcohol usage is to be found in its widespread usage (perhaps) due to its legality status.

So would making alcohol illegal, bring its danger down to the same level as the other illegal drugs would you think Chris?

in terms of effects on society and peoples health alcohol is by far the worst. yes if people used ice as much as alcohol it would be different, but they dont.

alcohol is consumed by almost all adults where as ice is used by minority.

I think we all agree alcohol is most used but if we are looking at how dangerous a drug is shouldn't it be determined on the scale of per user.

I think another way of asking the question is 'what would happen if other drugs were made legal'.

If alcohol was made illegal again, as it was in the US 1920s, then maybe things would be worse due to lack of regulation. I don't know.

I can only stick to my idea of tests of each drug per ratio of people in terms of health and so on. I cant see any other way of proving point one way or the other, although I anticipate a certain answer.

I 100% agree with that last sentence Fadi but am not sold on the alcohol is so much worse for people than illegal drugs are.

I hope I haven't offended you with any of my comments, I was more "sparring" with Darkoz than meaning any insult. I'll bid thee a good night :)
No brother you haven't offended me in the least, and in fact I thank you very much for your input.

I do agree with you sir. Other illegal drugs are much more dangerous intrinsically speaking than alcohol is. However alcohol's danger is to be found in its very acceptance and general perception that it's not really a drug (in the real sense of the word), but as something else. Perhaps that's where the real issue with alcohol lies. What do you think? It's the attitude we have towards it that needs changing perhaps.

I think we all agree alcohol is most used but if we are looking at how dangerous a drug is shouldn't it be determined on the scale of per user.

I am referring to health and psychotic damage according to low, moderate and abusive dose.

I am sure there would be a lot of problems with whatever methodology used.

No brother you haven't offended me in the least, and in fact I thank you very much for your input.

I do agree with you sir. Other illegal drugs are much more dangerous intrinsically speaking than alcohol is. However alcohol's danger is to be found in its very acceptance and general perception that it's not really a drug (in the real sense of the word), but as something else. Perhaps that's where the real issue with alcohol lies. What do you think? It's the attitude we have towards it that needs changing perhaps.

100% agree Fadi :)