• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
2000kcal a day is wayyyyy too much for a sedentary female

Agree. I've told this story before but my mrs had some pedometer challenge going at work. The fatty at work (woman) had somehow managed to only get 300 steps by 2 in the afternoon. 1000 calories is probably too much for people like that.

Agree. I've told this story before but my mrs had some pedometer challenge going at work. The fatty at work (woman) had somehow managed to only get 300 steps by 2 in the afternoon. 1000 calories is probably too much for people like that.

My ex girlfriend that I was with later 2014 was on a diet of 1700kcal and that was maintenance for her. She deadlifted once a week for 5x10 then 5x5 deficits and a squat day that was similar and benched 3x a week and did cardio a few times a week as well. Worked at a servo part time age 28 and was around 5'3 or 4 and 65kg so not fat but obviously not lean

2000kcal is a recipe for a fucking hippo

Weight has gone down and held steady at 83.5 for the past week with 2300kcal - this includes training 4x a week, walking 4x a week, cycling 1x a week. This appears to be my new maintenance figure so either I have been under logging my cals on MFP or I have a slow metabolism lol. Anyway I will cut a bit deeper and drop it to 2100, introduce more cardio over the next fortnight and see what happens.

I am also changing the macro split P/C/F from 40/40/20 to 35/45/20 to test out some studies which I have been reading which suggests that excess protein (>2 grams per kg of bodyweight) does not offer extra benefits but only hurt the hip pocket, and that there is nothing wrong with higher carbs (which I was initially against cos I thought it causes bloating and big bellly syndrome)..

I think higher carbs will keep me from that burnt out feeling that I get at 2pm. Time to put theory to the test!

what type of carbs are you eating?

a carb isn't just a carb. they have different effects on the body... just like pwo people using waxy starch and fast sugars etc. don't believe the bs about all food is equal, it isn't.

I am also changing the macro split P/C/F from 40/40/20 to 35/45/20 to test out some studies which I have been reading which suggests that excess protein (>2 grams per kg of bodyweight) does not offer extra benefits but only hurt the hip pocket, and that there is nothing wrong with higher carbs (which I was initially against cos I thought it causes bloating and big bellly syndrome)..

I think higher carbs will keep me from that burnt out feeling that I get at 2pm. Time to put theory to the test!

I've played around with macros anywhere between 60p/30c/10f to 40p/40c/20f. Didn't notice a massive difference in terms of energy levels. But with less carbs, especially when sitting on my ass, I feel less sluggish. I use nuts now to bump up my protein/fat intake to replace carbs. They're like $10/kg so just as cheap as carbs.

what type of carbs are you eating?

a carb isn't just a carb. they have different effects on the body... just like pwo people using waxy starch and fast sugars etc. don't believe the bs about all food is equal, it isn't.

I personally feel more comfortable eating oats, potato, rice and fruits as my main sauce of carbs - in that order.

What do you reckon about this article then, [MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION];?
www.simplyshredded.com/the-science-of-nutrition-is-a-carb-a-carb.html

I've played around with macros anywhere between 60p/30c/10f to 40p/40c/20f. Didn't notice a massive difference in terms of energy levels. But with less carbs, especially when sitting on my ass, I feel less sluggish. I use nuts now to bump up my protein/fat intake to replace carbs. They're like $10/kg so just as cheap as carbs.
Yeah I reckon there's really no need to have too many carbs if I am having a day off and not doing anything active. I only have a problem with energy on days that I train. But since increasing carbs on those days I have been feeling better.

My greatest challenge is keeping fat intake in check! 20% Fat is hard to hit, due to salmon/eggs/nuts it goes up to 30% pretty damn fast..

Just cut out the egg yolk when cooking eggs. Or just cook with pre packaged egg whites. That's easiest.

I personally feel more comfortable eating oats, potato, rice and fruits as my main sauce of carbs - in that order.

What do you reckon about this article then, @C_T;?
www.simplyshredded.com/the-science-of-nutrition-is-a-carb-a-carb.html

For 1 meal it wont make a difference, but spiking your insulin 5x a day is a big big no-no. So having sugar 5x a day is pretty simple to see, no its not good! Its common sense, and the science only answers 1 question at a time, it doesn't take into consideration these other impacts.

Unless your training before every meal, then go for it.

My advice is to stick to whole foods (even cut down on oats and rice in favour for the potato and fruit!) I bet the weight will fall off, and you'll hit the macro's.