• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The 0ni diet

Fairly similar to my diet.
Interesting note from DaveP- I am the opposite with reflux, while on low-carb my heartburn/reflux goes away.
And 0ni- Do you believe animal fats cause high cholesterol? I found that eating HFLC reduced mine (and high BP), which shocked my doctor.

Interesting note from DaveP- I am the opposite with reflux, while on low-carb my heartburn/reflux goes away.
And 0ni- Do you believe animal fats cause high cholesterol? I found that eating HFLC reduced mine (and high BP), which shocked my doctor.

Eating them in excess yes
If you're eating for strength and mass gain (getting fatter) then eating a large amount of saturated fat would be bad
If it's a short term bulk, I'd probably even raise carbs over eating a lot of fatty meat. OFC nuts are probably best

If you're just eating normally or losing weight then it is fine

Has anyone here tried totally carbless (PWO) and actually have a great grueling session unless they're keto adapted? My performance tanks with no carb.

I've been going through periods of zero carb pre or post WO, although probably not long enough to become completely 'fat adapted' (5 days very low carb max) and have found no major or sustained loss of strength. I have in fact experienced some significant strength/performance gains in this period which I am a complete loss to explain as the circumstances surrounding these workouts in the days preceding them should dictate quite the opposite.

I have a small hiatal hernia, so the higher fat, and extended periods of fasting due to either protocol or not being hungry due to ketosis was a bad combo.

my acid reflux has always been slightly different from normal, in that foods havent typically aggravated it as much as fasting.

i would like to keto again, but will take a closer look at the hernia first...... A a operation might be on the cards.

You should not be getting to the point where you're low on glycogen
You will not be keto adapted
If you're suffering from low energy then you need to up the calories and eat some more simple carbs before you train

Your thoughts on the type of fats to focus on? so go easy on saturated, what about mono or poly.. should you bother prioritising these? Trans is a no brainer of course, thats fully wacked shit.

And 0ni- Do you believe animal fatscause high cholesterol? I found that eating HFLC reduced mine (and high BP),which shocked my doctor.
Animal fats do not cause high cholesterol. I take it thatby “animal fats” you’re mainly referring to saturated fats. The answer is stillno. Just because someone or a study uses the word saturated fat, does notautomatically mean animal fat, or even a vegetable fat of the saturated type like the one that is contained within the coconut for example. There is such a devilishthing called man made saturated fats, that’s a different ball gamealtogether now.
Yeah I have, but I don't like eating alot of animal fats and it causes too much water retention for me. It alsocauses cholesterol parameters of death
Funny you should say that. Mycholesterol parameters as ypu’ve put it, were at the lowest (dangerously low mindyou) when I was consuming a huge amount of animal saturated fats and cholesterol(try 20 eggs a day for starters!). Again, you need to ask yourself, what type ofsaturated fats was I consuming at the time? God/nature made, or man-made?

Your thoughts on the type of fatsto focus on? so go easy on saturated, what about mono or poly.. should youbother prioritising these? Trans is a no brainer of course, thats fully wackedshit.
You mentioned poly. I give you 100% guarantee that this so called“safe and heart healthy” fat would be the number one culprit in causing whatyou are dreading. I’m referring to vegetable oils, especially thepolyunsaturated ones.

People would do themselves a great service if they butask themselves a simple question: what causes our arteries to get clogged up withcholesterol, fibrin, and calcium? Now once you know the cause, you would thankGod for the three saviours I just mentioned. Yes, they are saviours in every senseof the word, literally speaking, because without them you would die, or atleast suffer a heart attack or a stroke. So these three are there because ofsomething bad that you are doing, and there presence (or rise) is a warning toyou in order for you to change your eating habits, amongst other things. What habit is that you mayask me, and what does what I’m eating got to do with these three life saviours?In two words: systemic inflammation!

Last edited:
Your thoughts on the type of fats to focus on? so go easy on saturated, what about mono or poly.. should you bother prioritising these? Trans is a no brainer of course, thats fully wacked shit.

Fat Type
Monounsaturated 60% Avocado, nuts and their butters, olive oil
Polyunsaturated 15% Vegetable oils, canola
Healthy Saturated 15% Coconut/macadamia nut oils, grass fed animal fats
Conventional Saturated 10% Fats from conventionally farmed bacon, eggs, cheeses, butters
Trans 0% Store-bought baked goods, most fast food

some more vegetable would be nice, especially green stuff like brussell sprouts.

Vegetables are in the diet but I don't count them towards any sort of caloric goal

Vegetables burn more calories than they contain so whoever is counting them towards their daily calorie intake is doing it wrong....

Vegetables burn more calories than they contain so whoever is counting them towards their daily calorie intake is doing it wrong....
Cheers for the heads up, I didn't realise that and was diligently adding every component of my salad to my dinners on MFP lol. I guess the avocado and the dressing still needs to go in though.

I count tomatoes
Potatoes obviously, same with croutons
Onions I count

Everything else, fuck it. I think you can eat the entire cucumber and it's like 200kcal

the diet thread isn't about counting calories, its about whats going into your mouth.

so wouldn't you list every food.