• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to do with ON Essential Amino Energy now that I just got some Creatine Mono?

No need to force yourself to eat, in fact since you're just starting out, I'd recommend not to worry about your diet at all just yet.
Your priority should be the workout, the very act of lifting weights will encourage your body to increase in muscle mass therefore your overall weight.
Regular lifting will also fire up your appetite.
Forget about the supplements.
For my breakfast I just put half a scoop of protein, full scoop of powdered oats, handful of strawberries, a banana, some peanut butter and honey and water if I'm eating something as well. For example I had this yesterday while eating four eggs and some bread rolls. Also today when I had rice and beef. Don't want to have milk cause that would fuck shit up in my stomach.
So it's not too much of a protein shake, but a mass gainer shake as it does have some decent amount of calories.
At night I'll do the same except for full scoop and milk since I'm not eating anymore.

Smash at least two shakes a day, on top of your 3 meals. 2 scoops in each. Maybe throw some dextrose in there as well. Definitely not a lot of meat on a frame that size
I bought powdered oats for carbs instead of dextrose because it has more calories. I don't mind taking more scoops of protein, but I'm getting mixed advice here so I don't know.

Do you know how many calories you're consuming?
Get an app like myfitnesspal or similar if you're not sure. Log a few days to get an average and post up the breakdown of protein/carbs/fats

I can count the calories for the things I make.
But when my mum cooks me whatever at whenever, I don't really have a way to count up those things.

Just estimate the quantities that go in it or find a similar recipe on MFP. Doesn't have to be exact, you just need a ballpark to begin with... If anything, errr on the lower side

Forget about counting calories, it's obsessive and unnecessary, this is real life not a bodybuilding contest.
Don't complicate things any more than they need to be.

So I am guessing now you believe that protein powder has any magical muscle gaining affects that normal food such as chicken or tuna or what ever can not provide.

Please enlighten us with your knowledge, and how protein powder will make you grow massive muscles.

You are yet to add something of value to the discussion, so may be do that, all I see you do is attempt to discrediting legitimate posts and responses with retarded comments without actually adding anything or correcting what you insinuate as being wrong.

So please explain how my statement was wrong and how he will gain additional muscle gaining benefits from a scoop of protein powder over consuming some food or may be just shut the fuck up till you have something intelligent to say:p

Ok, did you type: Protien powder, is the same as chicken?

either way I do not understand what you type half the time, it's entertaining, but most times your jibber jabber makes more sense than a box of hammers.

Forget about counting calories, it's obsessive and unnecessary, this is real life not a bodybuilding contest.
Don't complicate things any more than they need to be.
Ordinarily I'd agree but the dude has been training for 3 months. He may/may not know what he's doing in the gym let alone how much he needs to consume to put weight on. I would guess he's a lot lower on cals than he thinks, in which case he ain't going to put on any weight, especially with the increased exercise burning more cals. He'll get disheartened by not growing and give up.

He needs some idea of how much he needs to eat in order to grow and how much he is actually eating. I'm not saying count cals for the rest of his training career but it's the best way to get an idea of just how much he needs to eat.

*No offence OP, going by what you have posted so far, you have some idea but most new guys seriously underestimate how much they need to consume to grow. Just explaining my reasoning.

The workout is key and hard.

eating is quite simple and easy
As simple as keeping a couple of cans of evaporated milk in the gym bag.

Look, what most people don't consider is that the body already has surplus calories stored ie fat. right from the start, even a skinny 67kg lifter.
So as a beginner, even if you don't increase your calorie intake you can, for a time, increase your muscle mass and weight.
Hence why I say, don't worry about the diet when you start out, focus on your lifting.

You still need a rough idea of the calories you're consuming. I agree with what Whitey is saying, have your regular 3 meals as you currently are, then throw in an extra shake or 2 each day between your meals. Weigh yourself once a week. Make sure your weight is going up consistently. If it's not, you need more calories.

I see what you're saying, and you're partially right regarding noobie gains. But why not capitalise on noobie gains by being in a calorie surplus.

Either way, if your weight isn't going up, you're not making dem gainz!

Ok, did you type: Protien powder, is the same as chicken?

either way I do not understand what you type half the time, it's entertaining, but most times your jibber jabber makes more sense than a box of hammers.

Are you really that stupid or are you just acting in the hope that some other dim wit finds it entertaining??

Seriously you must be a dumb as a common house brick.

All I said was that protein powder possesses no magical powers and that it is only food, just like chicken/tuna or anything else which is a fact. Seriously if you don't understand that it surprises me that you are able to breathe and type at the same time.

Fuck me this place is full of mouth breathers:p I seriously can not comprehend the stupidity in your comments.

And again I am still awaiting your correction and enlightening comments on how what I said is incorrect, and all I get is more rubbish

[MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; you need to stop being so insulting and condescending to other members

Are you really that stupid or are you just acting in the hope that some other dim wit finds it entertaining??

Seriously you must be a dumb as a common house brick.

All I said was that protein powder possesses no magical powers and that it is only food, just like chicken/tuna or anything else which is a fact. Seriously if you don't understand that it surprises me that you are able to breathe and type at the same time.

Fuck me this place is full of mouth breathers:p I seriously can not comprehend the stupidity in your comments.

And again I am still awaiting your correction and enlightening comments on how what I said is incorrect, and all I get is more rubbish

What to do with ON Essential Amino Energy now that I just got some Creatine Mono? - Page 6