• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to do with ON Essential Amino Energy now that I just got some Creatine Mono?

I don't understand the dilemma...
When were you having it before?

I thought it was designed more as a preworkout, I'd just throw the creatine in with it or put the creatine in your post workout shake. Can have it any time of the day, all hell isn't going to break loose, it's only creatine!

I don't understand the dilemma...
When were you having it before?

I thought it was designed more as a preworkout, I'd just throw the creatine in with it or put the creatine in your post workout shake. Can have it any time of the day, all hell isn't going to break loose, it's only creatine!
Many people take it during work out.
I just don't really know what happens when you mix lots of different things together so yeah.

Mix it all together and take it pre, intra or post. Doesn't really matter. Are they flavoured? If so, I prefer to sip on them intra workout. Otherwise throw them in with your post shake.

Many people take it during work out.
I just don't really know what happens when you mix lots of different things together so yeah.
Provided it's just straight creatine (monohydrate?), you can mix it with anything. Some people will say to have it pre workout, others post. I don't believe it matters what time of the day you have it, so whenever it's convenient.

Won't make any difference when you take it, ON Amino hardly contains anything anyway, a serving of it is only 5 grams of aminos, that translates to less aminos than you would get from 50 grams of chicken breast.

Then there is the stimulants of about ½ a cup of coffee and 1/2 a cup of green tea.

Due to the stimulants it's probably a pre workout rather than an intra workout, but will do nothing a cup of coffee or green tea before training will not do just as good.

Creatine is extensively discussed here, and creatine timing matters nothing once saturation is achieved, which can easily be doe in a few days. So have your creatine when ever you want, morning, night, pre post intra workout, when ever you like, but don't expect magic, creatine MAY give you and extra 0.01% if everything else is right and you are short of creatine in your diet, which most likely you are not, nothing you would notice anyway.

Read here if you have some spare time:

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

Last edited:
So let's say I have creatine mixed with just a bit of wpc prework out. Might as well finish my remaining aminos during intra workout and then some more creatine and a lot more of wpc post work out?

How many grams?

I'd just have about 5g of creatine a day. Some say more, some less. If you want to split it or have it in one go, that's up to you.

If you want to have WPC before and after, again, that's up to you. Maybe one scoop pre and one or two post. I'd personally make one of those a proper meal though. Which one depends on if you can train with a fullish stomach

Well this would be my first time taking creatine so I have to do that loading thing.
So I guess 10g pre and 10g post.

So let's say I have creatine mixed with just a bit of wpc prework out. Might as well finish my remaining aminos during intra workout and then some more creatine and a lot more of wpc post work out?

Sounds complicated.

Do what you like, it will make no difference either way.

Just have your creatine thrown in with one of your shakes or your amino drink, the end result will be the same, have it before bed, when you get up, before training, with food, without food, with protein, with aminos or mixed with mouth picked water from ancient glaciers bottled on a full moon at midnight by 19 year old naked Himalayan virgins……..what ever YOU like or what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, the end result will be the exact same.

PS: how much creatine you taking?? Most would recommend 5 grams others will recommend more.

EDIT:

You answered it as I typed, 20 grams is OK, but no need to load really, just have 5 -10 grams per day or have 20 if you want to make sure.

Again read the thread I linked earlier on creatine.

Last edited:
I'll agree on one thing with big mick, no need for loading. Just take however much you want to take, don't bother loading/de-loading/cycling

Sounds complicated.

Do what you like, it will make no difference either way.

Just have your creatine thrown in with one of your shakes or your amino drink, the end result will be the same, have it before bed, when you get up, before training, with food, without food, with protein, with aminos or mixed with mouth picked water from ancient glaciers bottled on a full moon at midnight by 19 year old naked Himalayan virgins……..what ever YOU like or what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, the end result will be the exact same.

PS: how much creatine you taking?? Most would recommend 5 grams others will recommend more.

EDIT:

You answered it as I typed, 20 grams is OK, but no need to load really, just have 5 -10 grams per day or have 20 if you want to make sure.

Again read the thread I linked earlier on creatine.

I have read the thread before I bought it. One person said that it might not work for everyone that's why I only bought a small pack from True Protein to just test how it goes first.
I'm just getting ready to go to the gym now and I guess I'll just mix some aminos and creatine for intra and then have creatine + wpc for post training.

See how it goes.
I probably wouldn't have it intra as it may not dissolve properly and you'll just end up with it sitting at the bottom of your bottle if you don't throw it straight down the hatch. Then again, the TP stuff may dissolve ok, I'm not sure

See how it goes.
I probably wouldn't have it intra as it may not dissolve properly and you'll just end up with it sitting at the bottom of your bottle if you don't throw it straight down the hatch. Then again, the TP stuff may dissolve ok, I'm not sure

Well I get thirsty easily so I'll probably just drink the whole thing soon then the rest of the workout I have my shaker refilled with water.

I have read the thread before I bought it. One person said that it might not work for everyone that's why I only bought a small pack from True Protein to just test how it goes first.
I'm just getting ready to go to the gym now and I guess I'll just mix some aminos and creatine for intra and then have creatine + wpc for post training.

That will be fine, how much did you buy and what did you pay??

Creatine mono, is cheap and you should not really be paying any more than around $20 per kilo for pharmaceutical grade pure creatine monohydrate.

It's $12 for 250g thru TP.
Cheaper from BN if you don't get in to the marketing hype and go with the "creatine mono is creatine mono" way of thinking

It's $12 for 250g thru TP.
Cheaper from BN if you don't get in to the marketing hype and go with the "creatine mono is creatine mono" way of thinking

Last time I checked BN was $19 per kilo, not sure about hype, BN sells pharmaceutical grade pure creatine, does not really get any better than that.

Seeing you're new to creatine, just 5g in your post workout shake will be plenty. It's not a magic pill, so don't expect to smash PBs. However, you could.